Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Reel Boating Members Show Your Boats!

Great story, great lesson. Don't be scaring me with that marriage/family thing. :D

Hey Blue, first of nice boat. Anyways I just realized that you go to FSU and so do I. I am a freshman, what year are you? Where do you fish out of usually? I am from Key West and I havent really meet anyone that actually fishes up here. :1992_beer_cheer:

Great story, great lesson. Don't be scaring me with that marriage/family thing. :D

There was no rush, we met in 1997 and didn't get married until 2004. When we met she was a junior at FSU of all places. She still had 2 years of undergrad to complete si I drove up to FSU every other weekend.

Then after two years of that she went to UF for a year for her masters. I lived in Gainesville with her for that year. Then in 2000 we moved back to Miami and got a place on the water and bought another boat. Nine years, three houses and two boats later and here we are.

Don't worry about getting married, just have fun with the boat and the ladies right now. When the right one comes along you will know right away. Once that happens there is nothing you can do but let nature take its course.

Christ I sound like an old man........wait, I turn 35 this May......I am an old man. :(

Chris, you ain't old...yet. But don't blink.

My boat upsizing took longer than you guys, but that is part of the fun. I dread the day when that turns to downsizing because the big boat is just too much effort, and then when you just want to know some young fellow with a boat who will take you out! Still a ways off, I hope.

• wiley pinned this topic