Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Autotether - Product Reviews

Can't get any simpler. Mount your receiver, don your FOB. Press the button, get the fob wet, or get about 50 feet feet away and your kill switch engages. With authority I will add. Confused about the lights? Read the dang receiver. Looks pretty good too. Here is a sample video:

034.jpg

033.jpg

Please fix the FOB, add a belt LOOP, not clip. OR combo setup. Thanks!

EXCELLENT demo. I'm getting one ASAP. Seeing is believing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autotether has listened to ReelBoating members specific recommendations made in this product review forum and because of your input we are discontinuing the belt clip and are in the process of redesigning a better one. Thank you for the comments.

Also, if anyone is having trouble with installation or any other issues, please call us at 888-593-4181 and we would be happy to help you. :rolleyes:

- Andrea, Sales & Marketing at Autotether

Andrea the product works great and as advertised. I have been using mine for three weeks and It works as advertised. The belt clip has me worried a little but has not failed yet? The blinky lights are very confusing but now I just Ignore them. There is too much going on and when reading the manual my brain started blinking? I am a little slow tho? When I launch my boat alone and I have the auto tether on. It shuts the Idyling engie off when I get to far parking the truck. I know its working even tho Im confused by the blinkies? I havent managed to fall over board yet? but give me time. Thanks andrea.

Andrea the product works great and as advertised. I have been using mine for three weeks and It works as advertised. The belt clip has me worried a little but has not failed yet? The blinky lights are very confusing but now I just Ignore them. There is too much going on and when reading the manual my brain started blinking? I am a little slow tho? When I launch my boat alone and I have the auto tether on. It shuts the Idyling engie off when I get to far parking the truck. I know its working even tho Im confused by the blinkies? I havent managed to fall over board yet? but give me time. Thanks andrea.

Sorry the blinking lights are so confusing, feel free to call and talk to Joe or Ed in the office and they can give you a quick explanation of them (888-593-4181). Also I just redid the manual to try to make it less confusing, it will be up on our website later this week. Glad you like the product.

Best,

Andrea

Got mine installed after a small hicup. I have a Mercury Optimax but a Teleflex/Morse throtle-shifter which takes a OMC-2 type kill switch clip instead of a Mercury type kill switch. Autotether sent me a pack of various kill switch pieces along with the small tool to remove the Mercury fit. Instalation was a breeze, works as described! An added piece of mind when out solo trolling.

Cuzwecud :o

• 3 weeks later...

I am truly impressed with the product, but I am more impressed with the support provided.

I already new is was a great product and I already new it was simple to use.

My eval was more about the support.

I acted like an idiot with the product and made a post as such. I then just blindly shipped the product back. I sent them a PM on this site and told them I had shipped it back. They responded in less than 10 minutes and told me they would get another one right out. The one I sent back showed up and they tested it. Obviously there was nothing wrong with and they tactfully told me so in a PM. They shipped it back to me and instructed me to call if I had any issues.

What I just said above is very important. As a ReelBoating Vendor, they must be responsive to multiple means of communication. I wanted to verify that they were actually watching the site and doing what is required to be successful with a bunch of intolerant boaters.

My hat is off to the Autotether folks, great job and best of luck, not that you will need it.

My only observation on the product itself is that folks like me with bay boats that tend to be wet, may have issues with the FOB getting inadvertently splashed.