Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Autotether - Product Reviews

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autotether has listened to ReelBoating members specific recommendations made in this product review forum and because of your input we are discontinuing the belt clip and are in the process of redesigning a better one. Thank you for the comments.

Also, if anyone is having trouble with installation or any other issues, please call us at 888-593-4181 and we would be happy to help you. :rolleyes:

- Andrea, Sales & Marketing at Autotether

Autotether has listened to ReelBoating members specific recommendations made in this product review forum and because of your input we are discontinuing the belt clip and are in the process of redesigning a better one. Thank you for the comments.

Also, if anyone is having trouble with installation or any other issues, please call us at 888-593-4181 and we would be happy to help you. :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!

Isn't it nice to have a vendor acknowledge our observations and areas for improvement(complaints), and then actually do something about it.

Very cool. I'll order a redesigned FOB or clip when it becomes available.

:605_thumbs_up:

How you dare to do that!!!!! who do you think you are to go around listening to users suggestions and making modifications to make your product better......?!?!??

JUST KIDDING!!!! :1143_neener_neener_neener::605_thumbs_up:

Is nice to see that somebody is listening... please let us know of the new improved clip, so we can order one....

Since no one apparently knew the answer to my earlier post, I PM'ed Andrea at AutoTether; her response is below.

Technical question:

Do all of these units operate on the same frequency, or is it more like garage door openers with a huge range of freqs?

What I'm picturing is if a bunch of people in the same area have Autotethers, will THEIR units activate if YOU are the one in trouble/out of range ?? :504_shrugging:

Ed,

Thanks for the feedback, glad we are making a good impression here. WIley has a great site.

To answer your question, there are 16 individual channels. The only time there is a chance for interference is within the first 2-3 minutes when the receiver is turned on, while it is searching for fobs in range and establishing the communication link. If someone on the same channel turns on their fob within range of your receiver within that 2-3 minutes there is a chance for interference.

If someone does encounter interference it can easily be resolved by changing the channel.

Our systems in the future will resolve this problem because we have rewritten the software program to accommodate thousands of frequencies.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to email me if I can help you anymore.

Best,

Andrea

~~~~~~~~~

:605_thumbs_up:

We have now run 4 days with the Auto Tether and like it. Installation was easy enough as others have posted. I also agree with the belt clip issue, I choose to use the velcro supplied and strapped it to my belt that way. Some other observations:

Turn it off when you leave the boat: 1st day we stopped to get some bait and supplies and walked off the boat. When my nephew returned with the bait he heard the alarm going off :1898_: That was our first real life test.

When the helmsman FOB gets wet it really works: Later on the 1st day, we stopped at Egmont Key to swim. Again, forgetting that I had the FOB on and being the last one off the boat, the alarm went off as soon as I got in the water :1898_: so I climb back up on the boat and turn it off. Another real life test.

We have finally found a good use for no wake zones. When running back to the dock at the end of the day, we start washing the topsides with the freshwater washdown in the no wake zones. It's cooler than at home where the wind seems to die and temps rise 15 degrees...

CAUTION - HELMSMAN FOB REALLY DOES WORK WHEN IT GETS WET!!!:

The scence, I'm wearing the helmsman FOB, wife and I scrubbing away, 14 y/o at the helm, 6 y/o with the hose having a good time, in the "Narrows" of the ICW on Sunday afternoon, 7 other boats within 250 yards, 3 ahead, 4 aft. THE 6 Y/O SPRAYS ME GOOD WITH THE HOSE, AUTO TETHER ACTIVATES, 14 Y/O HAS NO POWER WITH BOATS ALL AROUND HIM :2261_high: 14 y/o does a great job of getting the motors back running and brings the boat under control, all OK :P Another real life test.

If running in a "wet boat", an open boat in the rain or when a 6 y/o has a hose in her hand, I suggest that you protect the helmsman FOB from getting drenched :rolleyes:

I look forward to receiving the crew FOB's and using the Auto Tether on every outing!