Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Share your seafood recipes

4/0

Thought this might be a fun thread for us to share our recipes, fish, shrimp, whatever on the grill with a cold beer or whatever that choice might be. I will start it off with this one:

I cook Mahi on the grill a lot and have found this to be easy to fix and cleanup is a breeze. I will cut the filets into pieces about 4"x 4" and then have foil pieces about a foot or so square. Put a piece of stick butter cut lengthwise about an 1/8" on inch first on the foil then the Mahi.

Then I will have some green and red sweet pepper's sliced about a 1/4" thick, I lay one slice of each on top of the fish and then with some cracked pepper and very light sprinkle of Lawry's season salt , loosely fold the foil up around the fish, you want to be able to let some of the steam escape.

This goes on the charcoal grill for about ten minutes or so (depends on how thick the fish is). When it is done you can just slide a spatula under the fish , lay it on the plate, wrap up the foil and toss it.

I will make some wild rice with this and it has become a hit around our house and the peppers add some color and sweetness.

Butch

Scalopino poppers:

Sorry I don't have the exact recipe but it is normally made after a day of scalloping and beer drinking. Plus a Crown and ginger or two back at the house while we a cleaning them.

Put scallop meat and a block of cream cheese, ratio depends of how many we caught, in a food processor and pulse until it just blends. Season with Tony Chachere's seasoning. Cut fresh jalapenos in half and scoop out the seeds. Stuff with the filling and top with butter moistened bread crumbs. Bake in a 375 oven until the top is golden brown and delicious.

Edited by TooReel

Wahoo or swordfish steaks on the grill are two of my favorites. I like the steaks about an inch thick so they get done quickly. Too thick and the outside is overcooked or the inside is undercooked. EVOO on the steaks, sprinkle with Adobo and fresh ground black pepper.

Clean the grate and oil. Get grill as hot as you can. Throw the steaks on and don't touch for about two minutes (time depends on heat of grill, the fish will start to turn white). Flip onto a new spot on the grill if you have room (this helps keep fish from sticking) for about two more minutes.

Pull the fish off, give it a squeeze of lime and gobble it down. Simple, quick, and lets the fish be the star of the show.

For a little extra flavor, I get some smoke going before I put the fish on. I like applewood, with hickory a close second.

This is a good shrimp recipe. Takes a little bit of time to make the marinade but it is good. Sort of "Italian" Shrimp.

1 stick butter / 1tsp. black pepper / 1 tsp. thyme /1 bay leaf / 1 tsp.cayenne pepper / 1 tsp. olive oil / 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce ( Lea & Perrins )/ 2 tsp. garlic puree

1/2 tsp. celery salt / 1 tsp. salt / 2 tsp. rosemary / clove of garlic. This is the ingredients for the marinade and is enough for about 50-60 medium shrimp, heads off, shell on.

In a skillet, melt butter and add worcestershire, pepper, garlic puree, thyme, celery salt, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, rosemary, olive oil, and a clove of garlic. Stir this often

and cook slowly for 10-15 minutes, do not boil it. I used to use a casserole dish but now I use a gallon zip lock bag. Let the sauce cool, you do not want it to be hot when you add the shrimp.

Add the shrimp and sauce and let sit for at least 2-3 hours, overnite would be good but I've never made it that long.

Preheat the oven to 400 and spread the shrimp out on a baking sheet ( cover it with foil first ) for about 12 minutes stir them up a couple times during this time. You might have to adjust the time depending on the size of the shrimp, the big ones take about 16-18 minutes.

Thats it, you can have some bread around if you like because the sauce on the plates is good too.

Butch

Here are two of my favorites

Cajun Spiced Shrimp

1 LB shrimp (I use up to 4 lbs of shrimp without changing spices)

2 Tbsp sweet unsalted butter

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

4 garlic cloves

1/2 cup chopped onions

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/2 tsp. black pepper

1/4 tsp. salt

Tabasco sauce to taste

Preheat a 10” skillet on medium to medium-high heat.

Add butter and oil and heat until bubbling. Add garlic and onions, saute for 2 minutes. Add

shrimp and seasoning, saute for 5 to 6 minutes until shrimp are done. Spice to taste with

Tabasco sauce. Serve with rice.

Cream of Crab Soup

1 lb. crab meat (or more)

6 Tbsp. butter

2 small potatoes, peeled and diced

1 small onion, peeled and diced

2 tsp Old Bay (or more) If you buy crab meat you need more! I steam my own crabs with lots of Old Bay flavor in the meat

1 Tbsp dry mustard (or more)

4 Tbsp flour

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

4 cups half and half

2 cups milk

2 Tbsp sherry (or more)

2 tsp parsley flakes

In heavy 3 quart saucepan melt butter. Add potato, onion, Old Bay and mustard. Cook

over low heat until tender - stir constantly.

Remove from heat. Add flour salt, pepper - blend well. Gradually add half and half and

milk. Cook on low heat until thick - stirring occasionally. Add crab - cook for15 - 20

minutes. Stir in sherry and parsley just before serving.

• 2 weeks later...

Fish Tacos

Cube Mahi (or your favorite) into about 1 to 1-1/2" chunks and marinade in Zesty Italian dressing and powdered fajita seasoning.

While it's marinating, I make homemade Pico De Gallo:

1 large ripe tomato, diced

1 large Jalapeno, chopped (remove the seeds if you want less spicyness)

1/2 med. Red Onion, chopped

small handful of Cilantro, chopped

Mix above ingredients and squeez in the juice of 1/2 lime.

I cook the fish on the grill, then serve in tortillas with refried black beans, divced avocado, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, and shredded lettuce or cabbage...add salsa to taste.

On the side, I serve refried black beans & spanish rice. Don't waste time making the spanish rice...buy Uncle Bens prepared rice...just pop the pouch in the microwave for 90 seconds & it's as good as any.

Any of you have any good boil / frogmore stew reciepes out there.

Thanks,

Butch

rb-rules.gif

Old Bay seasoning boil does it for me.

Frogmore stew????? :504_shrugging: Please tell me it's not what I'm thinking!!! :o

Can someone elaberate? I gots to know.

I have a Golden Frog Retriever and a Chesapeake Bay Frog Retriever. BTW---Whitch are versital and very well trained. They can stalk and take lizzards by surprise as well. These boys are good. :D

Maby it will supliment my food bill

Any of you have any good boil / frogmore stew reciepes out there.

Thanks,

Butch

rb-rules.gif

Old Bay seasoning boil does it for me.

Frogmore stew????? 504_shrugging.gif Please tell me it's not what I'm thinking!!! ohmy.gif

Can someone elaberate? I gots to know.

I have a Golden Frog Retriever and a Chesapeake Bay Frog Retriever. BTW---Whitch are versital and very well trained. They can stalk and take lizzards by surprise as well. These boys are good. biggrin.gif

Maby it will supliment my food bill

Many years ago I had a german shepard that loved catching groundhogs, more recently I had a great dane here and he caught foxes, wake up in the morning and he would lay them at the front door.

Frogmore stew is a low-country boil. The SC guy's I have know call it that, sort of a mix of red potatoes, sausage sometimes, shrimp, fish and whatever else. I have eaten some and it good stuff but I don't know what to do to make it.

Butch