Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Share your seafood recipes

4/0

Any of you have any good boil / frogmore stew reciepes out there.

Thanks,

Butch

rb-rules.gif

Old Bay seasoning boil does it for me.

Frogmore stew????? 504_shrugging.gif Please tell me it's not what I'm thinking!!! ohmy.gif

Can someone elaberate? I gots to know.

I have a Golden Frog Retriever and a Chesapeake Bay Frog Retriever. BTW---Whitch are versital and very well trained. They can stalk and take lizzards by surprise as well. These boys are good. biggrin.gif

Maby it will supliment my food bill

Many years ago I had a german shepard that loved catching groundhogs, more recently I had a great dane here and he caught foxes, wake up in the morning and he would lay them at the front door.

Frogmore stew is a low-country boil. The SC guy's I have know call it that, sort of a mix of red potatoes, sausage sometimes, shrimp, fish and whatever else. I have eaten some and it good stuff but I don't know what to do to make it.

Butch

When I lived in Texas/Louisiana we just called it "Crawfish Boil". I've had it since I've lived in the Carolinas and Low Country Boil is essentially the same thing.

The potatoes have to boil the longest. Let them boil in Old Bay or Tony Chachere's for about 15-20 minutes, then drop in corn on the cob, crawfish,shrimp,clams, or all three and cut up sausage. Boil for another 5 mins or so & get after it. Yum!

Fish Tacos

Cube Mahi (or your favorite) into about 1 to 1-1/2" chunks and marinade in Zesty Italian dressing and powdered fajita seasoning.

While it's marinating, I make homemade Pico De Gallo:

1 large ripe tomato, diced

1 large Jalapeno, chopped (remove the seeds if you want less spicyness)

1/2 med. Red Onion, chopped

small handful of Cilantro, chopped

Mix above ingredients and squeez in the juice of 1/2 lime.

I cook the fish on the grill, then serve in tortillas with refried black beans, divced avocado, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, and shredded lettuce or cabbage...add salsa to taste.

On the side, I serve refried black beans & spanish rice. Don't waste time making the spanish rice...buy Uncle Bens prepared rice...just pop the pouch in the microwave for 90 seconds & it's as good as any.

Update....I typed this and then thought "Damn...I haven't had fish tacos in a while"

I'm working on rectifying that situation right now! Fish Tacos for dinner. Life is good.

• 13 years later...

Ingredients:

For the Fish:

1 pound white fish fillets (such as cod, tilapia, or mahi-mahi, whatever you catch!)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
Salt and black pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying

For the Slaw:

2 cups shredded cabbage (green or red)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon honey or sugar
Salt and black pepper to taste

For Assembly:

8 small soft taco tortillas
Sliced avocado
Sliced red onion
Sliced jalapeños (optional)
Lime wedges for garnish
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Slaw:

In a bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and chopped cilantro.
In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey or sugar, salt, and pepper to create the slaw dressing.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage and cilantro mixture, toss to coat, and refrigerate until ready to use.

2. Prepare the Fish:

Cut the fish fillets into strips or bite-sized pieces.
In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, cornmeal, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
Dredge the fish pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the fish until it's golden brown and cooked through, usually 3-4 minutes per side. Place the fried fish on paper towels to drain any excess oil.

3. Assemble the Tacos:

Warm the soft taco tortillas according to the package instructions.
On each tortilla, place a generous spoonful of the slaw.
Add a few pieces of fried fish on top of the slaw.
Top with slices of avocado, red onion, and jalapeños (if desired).
Garnish with lime wedges for squeezing over the tacos.

4. Serve and Enjoy: