Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Name / Handle Name

When i was in my early twenties, my family bought a beachhouse in Orange Beach Alabama, when they were looking, they always said they wanted one in a gated community to keep the "Riff Raff" out... I always told them I was the RR they were trying to keep out. When I bought my first boat, it became the RR and 7 boats later still is! I get plenty of questions about the name.

My screen name, well, let's just say it's a family secret.....nothing to do with woolly krabs, whole lotta crabs, what no crabs, or any crustacean whatsoever. My boat name....Double Dare II....because I dared myself to buy another boat the last time I sold one, and my wife's middle name is Dare.....the II part is because I had another boat name Double Dare.

When I was in college 1960, and in a fraturnity a few of us were sh-t kickers and liked to sing C&W . Got the knickname Sidewinder and it stuck. Used to piss off the brothers who liked to be cool.. The women would like to hang with us and sing and...thats another story. All of my boats have been named Sidewinder.

Handle came from the boat name (21' Dixie I owned back in 2001 when I joined thAt other forum)

The boat name came from my profession of 25+ years - facilities electrical engineer - and in addition to many hours involved in electrical design and construction, I spent many holiday weekends (usually Thanksgivings) at work testing OVERCURRENT devices (more commonly known as circuit breakers).

Of course, the O24 is Overcurrent II