Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Name / Handle Name

JamisJockey: I also like to cycle and two of my bikes are Jamis brand. I'm a little ######, hence the jockey part.

I work for my wife or take care of my kids. Technically I'm employed by our LLC, but I prefer to tell people I'm an unemployed bum......She's on the boat title....so I named it after her.... Sugar Mama

:1143_neener_neener_neener:

Most of my boats have been named Ramblin Rose, after the song made popular by Nat King Cole in around 1950. Mom's name was Rose, my X's name is Rose also. I have a photo of me sitting with dad on the original Ramblin Rose, the pict is over 57 years old.

I got the idea of the name Afishinado from the magazine Cigar Aficionado.... Applied it to one of my boats of the time, then later when Al Gore invented the internet, I used it on the forums etc.

afishinado-albums-off-topic-picture24076

This is my second boat named "Walkabout." When I was looking at my first one - and told my wife I was going to buy a walk-around, she got it confused and started telling everyone we were getting a "Walkabout." When we were trying to decide on a name - escaping to the Australian outback - going "Walkabout" - seemed fitting. The name just stuck - it's definitely our escape from the everyday world.

User name came when I needed to register at that other place, we just got back from a cruise and it's one of my favorite cruise stops... Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas.

We owned our last boat for 19 years and never named it. Now going on year #4 with this one and still no name!!! I wanted a 20' Sea Hunt DC which doesn't come with a head area, she wanted the 22' DC that has a head area, guess which one we own.

One name we have thought of is....... HER WAY