Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boaters world has bitten the wake!

We all knew that Ritz Camera and Boaters World were in trouble but did not know if one would survive. Well, Boaters World did not - Ritz is probably gone as well, do not know yet.

The store in Chesterfield, Va. off Midlothian Turnpike opened the doors yesterday with their sales, 10 to 20% off - did not raise their prices on the goods. Took my boaters world catalog with me to check. Store is to be sold out within 30 days.

I have my list, but they will have to go to at least 30% off before I buy and hopefully 50%.

The warehouses are being emptied and the stores are packed with everything from those warehouses - one more truck due in at Chesterfield. So make your list and go shopping - it is a part of Obamas stimulus plan.

At least in Chesterfield we have a small boating store, Dukes Dock, lady has been really helpful and almost a catalog store. As far as fishing, you cannot beat Greentop even with Gander Mtn. and Bass Pro Shop just up the road.

Now if the water would warm up so the fish would start biting.

Professor out.

what about their internet store e-angler? I noticed the website is still up and running.

I ordered rod holders for my T-Top over their internet site. Free shipping they pay the tax. Got an e-mail to call an 800#. Talked to some guy in India. Two weeks later they arrive. Wrong Size, I order again and talk to another guy in india. I tell them I want the B pack. Two weeks later they arrive. Wrong size again. It appeared there was a communication problem. Their ears don't work. I drove twelve miles to the BW store and got the correct size and I paid the tax.

The Boaters World in Pensacola is already having a 10-30% off "going out of business sale! I asked the clerk how long it would be in tell they close their doors and he said 11 weeks. It is sad because they used to be cheaper than some of the other boating stores but, about 2 years ago they went way up on their prices!

Time cash in all of those Boater World Bucks I save, I just hope they still honor them.

Also anybody know how warranties on existing items like batteries and electronics are being handled?

Sad to see them go, we just got a BW here this time last year and it is a nice store and very helpful staff.

I will try and get some of the deals but still feel like a vulture and knowing those guys are loosing their jobs

Time cash in all of those Boater World Bucks I save, I just hope they still honor them.

Also anybody know how warranties on existing items like batteries and electronics are being handled?

Do you still have any of the paperwork???

I am not sure but I think the electronics would be covered through the manufacturer.

I will see if I can find anything out.

It sux cause the one here the staff was always helpful. I always got deals and one guy would always let me know when not to buy something cause it was going on sale soon. I have gone and bought some bottom paint. I would like to get some other things but would like to see alittle more discount as they are just toys.