Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

2009 Boating / Fishing goals

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like my number of times out on the boat to at least equal the number of times I wash the boat. For the last year, I have had about a 3-1 ratio of washing to using and it stays dirty most of the time.

As far as fishing goals, I wouldn't mind catching something. Alot of shrimp have died needlessly in my attempts to catch something.

My main goal is to spend more time fishing with my kids. I was able to take my nine year old out a couple of times solo on evening trips. Taught him how to snag a bunker and then live line it for the blues and occasional striper. Nothing gives me more joy than watching my son grow and learn new things. I also had the pleasure of taking my six year old daughter out a couple of times. We caught fish, but that wasn't important. Being one on one with her and just talking about things was the reward. Last year was the first year that my three year old son caught his first fish. A porgy. He giggled and screamed the whole time.

The boat doesn't get used as much for the hard core fishing that I like to do, but my kids are growing so fast, that the focus is on them and making sure that my wife and I enjoy the time we have with them.

For those of you in the western sound, I have a sure fire way to have a great time with friends. Take the boat to Northport and go eat at Maroni's. It is one of the top ten restaurants I have ever visited.

Enjoy your boating season

I got some gulp alive baits for Christmas so I am going to try really ###### catching some fish on artificial bait this year. Other than that I want to take my wife and our 1 year old girl and our 3 year old boy out boating a little this year. I also want to take my lab and brittany out on some trips this year. Catching some fish is always a bonus to me. Good luck to everyone.