Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Introduce Yourself

Figured I would introduce myself on this forum and give a little info on myself.

Where do you fish out of ?

Do the majority of my fishing out of Mexico Beach FL, lived there for a few years and have family/future family in the area. I also make it down to Wakulla and St. Marks on occasion.

What do you like to fish for ?

At MB, pretty much anything that is out there at the time. Definately target cobes, kingfish, wahoo, dolphin. Not much of a bottom fisherman. Trout and reds around Wakulla/St. Marks.

What about your boat and Tackle ?

Our boat in MB is a 2001 30' HydroCat CC w/F225's for offshore, 17' Cape Horn w/F115 for short jaunts and St. Joe Bay.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name is Gordon- formerly of Mississippi/Louisiana fame until the authorities found out I know Snapperhead and I was moved to the Tampa area as part of the Witness Protection program. :1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin

Boat- 23' Center Console which I had a solid offer on 2 weeks ago in my hopes of moving up, BUT since I just spent $2K on it I have to hold on to it for a while longer. Great boat, just wanting something bigger and faster.

Tackle- Too damn much, mostly Shimano and Avet.

From the banks of lovely lake Darbonne, Farmerville,Louisiana. For those of you not familier with Darbonne, it is a 15,000 acre lake in Union parish.

I run a 22' Blue Wave vbay-lc with a 150 Honda, 28' Waco pontoon with a 75 Force, yea I know, a 15' Alumaweld with a 30 Honda, a 1922 vintage custom motor launch with a 3 hp Lathrop ( currently out of water for hull repairs), 17' Old Town canoe, 12' home made duckboat. There are a few other junkers not worth mentioning.

Fishing lake Darbonne, of course, sometimes some of the other local lakes or the Ouachita river. I take the Blue Wave south when ever I can, mostly to the Leeville, Fourchon area, but have fished from Buras across the coast to Sea Drift, Texas. I have also been fortunate enough to fish out of San Diego, Hawaii, Anchorage, Hatteras, and have done some fly fishing on the Rogue and Snake rivers.

I usually target specs, and redfish, will take anything that bites near shore or in the marsh. I try to make a couple of off shore runs every year, tuna, mahi, and wahoo

but don't have the boat or gear for it so I get a group together and charter.

Like to fish, LOVE boats, but I am running out of room, might be able to squeeze in a couple more, currently thinking about a 36'-38' downeast type sportfish retirement toy to keep somewhere down on the coast.

• 2 weeks later...
Name is Gordon- formerly of Mississippi/Louisiana fame until the authorities found out I know Snapperhead and I was moved to the Tampa area as part of the Witness Protection program. :1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin

Boat- 23' Center Console which I had a solid offer on 2 weeks ago in my hopes of moving up, BUT since I just spent $2K on it I have to hold on to it for a while longer. Great boat, just wanting something bigger and faster.

Tackle- Too damn much, mostly Shimano and Avet.

You forgot to mention your extensive collection of 5 gallon buckets.

Big Al

You forgot to mention your extensive collection of 5 gallon buckets.

Big Al

I forgot, we native Gulfportians like to fish on 5 gallon buckets turned upside down. Me and Snapperhead beat up BOOMER and took some of his and now we have extra. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Paul and I know a few of ya'll from THT.

I live to fish anywere or chase birds in the blind in the winter.

Boats,I have to many and just about to down size all of them do to the fact I just don't have the time anymore.

Married and working on number 30 years with my best friend my wife. 2 kids,one married(my daughter) and a son that one day him in his girlfriend will set a date. At my age,I'm still waiting on grandkids. One thing about being married to my wife is that I have a saying about her and it goes like this:

No to meals in my house look alike,but they all taste the same! She can't cook!

I'm a tackle whore/gun nut. I do enjoy working up a new load when I buy a new handgun or rifle.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

Name is Oscar, live in Mobile, Alabama but fish out of Dauphin Island.

I run a 31 Contender Fisharound, Twin F225s. We target any fish Snapper

Grouper, Mahi. What ever is willing to bite on that perticular day. However

just being on the ocean is a great day for me, regardless of the fish biting or not.

If anyone fishes out of this area, give me hollar on 38

Big O post-3225-1244657568_thumb.jpg

They call me "CATCHell" for good reason?

Anyway a big Hello to all.

I got lucky a couple of years ago and sold out my charter business, before uncle sam put me out!

Still P. O. 'ed about that, I have not done much fishing since and reelly miss it.

I am currently looking for a ride, getting tired of being sick and tired of semi-retirement.

Old fisherman never die never

New to forums so please be easy, thanks in advance.

Capt. CATCHell