Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Has not sold a boat in six months

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Gus....are you looking at some more boats in New Jersey? If so, hopefully we can hook up this time. :605_thumbs_up:

I am down to Florida, leaving Saturday for surveys and sea trial on Sunday and Monday of a very special boat . . . a very classy lady being sold by a superb gentlrmen . . . and the broker has thus far been top notch

I don't want to say what boat it is because I don't want to jinx the deal . . . but so far some very credible people have said great things about the boat

I will take tons of pictures and provide a full-length story of the whole process

If this works out I will expect your visit in the OBX for a couple of beers and some fishing :):):)

I am down to Florida, leaving Saturday for surveys and sea trial on Sunday and Monday of a very special boat . . . a very classy lady being sold by a superb gentlrmen . . . and the broker has thus far been top notch

I don't want to say what boat it is because I don't want to jinx the deal . . . but so far some very credible people have said great things about the boat

I will take tons of pictures and provide a full-length story of the whole process

If this works out I will expect your visit in the OBX for a couple of beers and some fishing :):):)

Now I'm gettin' fired up!!! :605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up:

I fail to see the purpose of the posters post.

Are you retarded? He is and has been detailing his experiences in trying to purchase a boat. Nothing more, nothing less. The good and the bad. The purpose is to inform, educate and entertain his audience. He does a very good job. I have been enjoying his contributions for a while. He is much fairer minded than I would be too. I would have spelled out the name of the people and companies I dealt with.

You seem to think there is some kind of bias in his story. Are you just foaming at the mouth, or do you know the other side of the story?

Wolakrab,

You are absolutely correct. I could probably be good in sales (the wife says I would), but I do know 2 things about being successful in that field. The first is to believe in your product. The second, of course, is to KNOW it!

The "belief" part? Yeah, O.K., ya gotta have a job. The "knowledge"? No excuse! :1925_:

everyone can be a salesman like everyone one thinks they can be a good actor, or a good novelist, or a good whatever. It you think that then get on out there and deal with the sellers that think their product is made out of gold then deal with the buyers that are trying to steal product, then learn all there is to learn about every boat ever made then you will be a complete salesman except you will never have time to sell because you will be running all over the place getting you chain jerked by dreamers and sellers that would keep the boat if nobody pays the price. Gotta remember these sellers are not in a position of having to sell to make the mortage payments like the cheap boat sellers. Most of these sellers have at least as much if not more money than you so called buyers and can play the game just as good and maybe better than you and they know how your devious little brains work because theirs works the same way and in all this consortment of out of control egos and money is the poor broker taking it from both ends. Now go ahead jump out there and see just how good you would be. Nothing to it.

• 2 weeks later...
I called about a small boat for less than 20k the dealer told me he would call right back in a few minutes. He did call back in a few days left a message that the boat was sold. I watched to see if the listing would be removed it never was. Two month latter & the boat is still up for sale he has my number yet he never called me back.

I have looked into this in the past. They actually pay for their listings in advance and renew every 6 months. If the brokers boat sells they just leave it up until expiration and then take it down before renewal so they dont get charged for it. Since you contacted them on a boat that was sold they now know what they have to find for you. It is not a bad idea on their part. If you paid for 6 months why mark it as sold or remove it if you already paid for the advertising.