Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Video of fools on a 38 Fountain in 30 knot winds

We cancelled the tuna trip due to the terrible conditions this weekend. So, we decided to take the 38 from Orange Beach to Destin for the evening. The winds were howling Saturday afternoon at 25-30 knots in the video. Its entertaining in my opinion. I am getting married next weekend and this was the bachelor party so to speak. BTW, please excuse the extremely drunk guys in the video. We were definately making the best of the situation. Also, I was within the legal limit, the boat was on autopilot, the goggles are absolutely necessary, I am not a fan of eminem, and yes... I know pfd's wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Edited by Propbender

OK, I'll be the wet blanket here. Very fast, on autopilot in very rough water, one guy not even hanging on and taking video off the stern. Now what if that guy had gone over? How long would it take for you to realize the fact, get it off auto pilot, get turned around? I figure a half mile at best. Rough water like that and you would not have a wake trail to follow back. The guy is drunk, fully clothed in dark clothing and just hit the water at 50 MPH. No chance in hell would you find him. Would you be showing that video then?

Sorry for the let down but I have seen my share of death at the hands of drunk boaters and it reflects on us all.

Rick

This is childish, irresponsible, and exactly what I wish I could have been doing last weekend. It is still cold as sh!t in the ATL. We will take the trip 34CV to the lake this weekend and pretend that it is warm and we are heading Offshore (or running down the ICW). Is it Summer yet??? I think Prop had the situation in control and no one will ever say, "that was a boring boat ride..."