Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Parrott's Project

The Fireproofer says awsome job, see alot of pride there Hope Floats.

Thanks for all the great comments. My first boat and feeling pretty good with the results. Learned a lot.

She floats!!!!!! :1992_beer_cheer:

Congrats! Looks like she is very well balanced. Do you have any idea of how much $ you put into the hull?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, that is so awesome! Need pics! Lots and lots of pics! I'll give you a hint, I'm interested in seeing the inside bow area. Is that open area, seating, cabin, or storage?

I'm dying to know how she rides in the seas or on a plane.

Man, that is beautiful! Great Job! :605_thumbs_up:

Just want to say I saw that boat this last Saturday on the Morehead City waterfront. I was the guy on the red Sea Doo. I would have stopped, but there was an open spot on the fuel dock, and I saw a big boat pulling in close. She looks beautiful though :605_thumbs_up: .

Just want to say I saw that boat this last Saturday on the Morehead City waterfront. I was the guy on the red Sea Doo. I would have stopped, but there was an open spot on the fuel dock, and I saw a big boat pulling in close. She looks beautiful though :605_thumbs_up: .

Thanks everyone. Pretty much done except for the nonskid. Will get it ready next week probably. Runs 43 mph wot. She came in at 2300 lbs, boat, console and bracket minus motor.

Edited by parrott

?

Shameless bump there, Parrott? :D

Hey, what is the forward area of the boat used for? Is it open area, anchor locker, or a small cabin?

I have a pic running and was trying to post it. For some reason it wouldn't attach and I had to go somewhere.

The area in front is like a small cabin area. I have to get inside and finish it off, maybe a headliner of some sort and

covering over the plywood. Can't seem to get a pic posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to illness I have not been around much lately . Somehow I clicked onto your post by mistake and I was so impressed that I read every thread . It was so intriguing that I never got up until I had read the whole article.

You are a true craftsman and the boat it is spectacular.

"I wish you bloody decks and a million memories".

Your boat is the true dreamboat and Florida Sportsman should do a dreamboat article of you and your dreamboat. I am (slowly) trying to re-power and refresh my 69 ROBALO the DOTTIE Q . She was in the 20th anniversary dreamboat article in 1989 and hopefully they will do a 21 year follow up on her when I get her back in the water.

My hats off to you. Keep up the good work Captain.