Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Parrott's Project

And I'm with Gus, wish I lived closer . Was there any way to box out the scuppers to lower them so you will get complete drainage or is the deck getting built up more?

We ground down the 3/4 plywood under the scuppers so the inside bottom of the scupper is flush with the top of the plywood and we are also adding a layer of glass to the plywood floor so draining shouldn't be a problem. We will be installing the brackets tomorrow.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started this thread to maybe inspire some guys that were maybe thinking thay would like to build their own boats.

Hey Parrot,

I'm in schooling right now for Naval Architecture, and I really appreciate the insight you've given during this build.

I hope to one day design and build my own line of boats, and your pictures are really helping me to visualize my design.

Where are you located? I'd love to see if I could come take a look at your shop and current progress one weekend.

I started this thread to maybe inspire some guys that were maybe thinking thay would like to build their own boats.

Hey Parrot,

I'm in schooling right now for Naval Architecture, and I really appreciate the insight you've given during this build.

I hope to one day design and build my own line of boats, and your pictures are really helping me to visualize my design.

Where are you located? I'd love to see if I could come take a look at your shop and current progress one weekend.

I live in Morehead City NC. We are building the boats in my friends shop in Havelock. You are welcome to come by anytime.

Got some time to install the brackets Saturday. Will be working on bumper rails for the gunnels and tumblehome and splashrails.

post-2623-126448052309_thumb.jpg

Edited by parrott

Damn, I was hoping you were in Florida. I live in Jacksonville, so you're a little bit of a hike for me. Man, I'd really love to see the works though.

Please update us with pictures often, though. This has become one of my "check daily" threads.

Will keep updates coming, but won't be a lot to show as we start glassing the deck and insides. Putting on the rubrails will start soon and make some improvements in the looks.

Damn, I was hoping you were in Florida. I live in Jacksonville, so you're a little bit of a hike for me. Man, I'd really love to see the works though.

Please update us with pictures often, though. This has become one of my "check daily" threads.

Will keep updates coming, but won't be a lot to show as we start glassing the deck and insides. Putting on the rubrails will start soon and make some improvements in the looks.

Got some work done on the toeboard and rubrail

post-2623-126516612234_thumb.jpg

post-2623-126516620036_thumb.jpg

post-2623-126516624241_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I look at great threads like yours, it makes me want to build a boat

Thanks for posting :)

You can do it. Biggest thing you need is a place to do it. These jigs make this easy and you can make it as fancy as you like or just keep it simple.

Got all the glass done and pulled the rounds inside both boats, now for some sanding, priming and fairing

post-2623-126688577397_thumb.jpg

post-2623-126688582828_thumb.jpg