Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Hatteras - next week

Guys, we are towing a 25' CC to Hatteras next week for a week of fishing; in shore and some off shore depending on the weather. We rented a house in Frisco about 5 miles from the inlet with a slip. Any ideas, suggestions, secret spots, what is hitting, etc will be apprechiated. We have rader, gps, epirb and all the safety gear plus 50 w's and the usual Avets and Dawia gear. Just looking for some local knowledge so any suggestions are apprechiated. This is our 5th trip to Hatteras but 1st with our boat so we know the area.

Guys, we are towing a 25' CC to Hatteras next week for a week of fishing; in shore and some off shore depending on the weather. We rented a house in Frisco about 5 miles from the inlet with a slip. Any ideas, suggestions, secret spots, what is hitting, etc will be apprechiated. We have rader, gps, epirb and all the safety gear plus 50 w's and the usual Avets and Dawia gear. Just looking for some local knowledge so any suggestions are apprechiated. This is our 5th trip to Hatteras but 1st with our boat so we know the area.

Cant help you with the inshore but Dolphin Wahoo and tunas are the game right now. Oi has had a smokin tuna bite the past few days. You might want to head up to OI for one day. Head 90 out 32 miles and drop them in....Mark

I am in hatteras for two weeks and only made it out 1 day off shore. Lot a wind. Hpefully next week will be better. Had lotsa Mahi 1 blackfin. There were a few Blue marlin raised the day we were out. A boat neighbor has been getting cobia pretty consistant. I am fishing out of hatteras village and started trolling and catching about 15 miles off in 72 degree water.

Bly.......we know each other from the BBsite. My son left with the boat early this am. Let me know if you are down this week too, maybe we can hookup, especially if the wind dies down and a run off-shore is in the cards.

Miller time,how long are you staying in Hatteras.We'll be coming down at the end of the week,Friday 22nd.I think Bly will be fishing a couple days with us.There will be 4-5 boats in our group so we'll have some info, tips, etc.