Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

One Of The More Ignorant Things I've Seen Lately

Entitlement programs and the lion's share of benefits to those who will never contribute even 1% of their share......the basic problem with our country and our economy.

Never will understand how the most basic principle of not spending more than you take in.....or not providing for those who don't contribute when their numbers far outweigh the contribitors is ignored. Just ask California....they are the ongoing model of what the rest of the country will be if we don't close our borders and stop the handouts to both citizens and especially non-citizens.

Don't spread my wealth...spread my work ethic.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the Walmart supplied scooter wheel chair 400lb lady make the cashier come around and swipe her welfare card because she couldn't lift her fat A$$ arm high enough to get her free food.

Not to mention the times I have waited for a herd of them to buy $200.00 worth of free groceries and then roll out 3 One Hundred Dollar bills to pay for DVD's and Xbox games.

I can't stand waiting in the lines for checkout. My grandfather hated it and he figured out an system for getting good service. Going with him to the grocery store was like being VIP. If you go in a grocery store or Wal-Mart there are a million people in line and only a couple of lanes open. They have 15 checkout lanes with nobody working in them. My grandfather would only shop a couple times a month, but when he did he would buy a lot of stuff. He would fill his basket to the brim and he would walk to the check-out. If he had to wait in a line and there were a bunch of closed lanes he would simply leave the basket and come back later that day or the next day (he had a lot of time on his hands). The employees at the store would have to restock all the items on the shelves and it was a pain for them. After a short period of time they would recognize him and immediately open a lane for him. He never had to wait in another line at his local grocery store or Wal-Mart for the rest of his life.

I cannot stand it either... it makes me sick that they get all this stuff on food stamps, and then buy nice stuff with cash. I mean hell they probably make more money in a week than i do, and drive nicer vehicles than I do. And the messed up thing about it IS THAT WE PAY FOR IT!!! I own my own business, as well as work for my dad, and I pay a crapload of taxes. It is all BS.

David

A friend of mine (Dave) used to tell the story of his first trip to the grocery with his wife just after they married. He was about 21 and had never really been grocery shopping before.

As they went through the store he picked out some nice steaks, but his wife put them back and got chopped steak, saying "honey, we can't afford those"

He picked out some of his favorite snacks, but she put them back too for less expensive items.

Then they got in line behind a family headed by a big unkempt, dirty looking guy in a cut-off T shirt that hit him about mid beer belly. The guy had his cart full of good steaks and the kind of stuff his new wife just said they couldn't afford. When beer belly pulled out a stack of food stamps to pay, Dave just went off. It was so bad they had to call the police.

I don't think he went to the store much after that. :rolleyes:

Have check out line stories too, but you all have them about covered, just in a different town. Do have something to add that gets me, when the person before you leaves their cart in your way to start unloading yours and the cashier has to stop ringing stuff up, walk around and put bagged items in their cart, all the while they are standing there watching this and waiting for the surprise that they have to pay for this when done. Now you done gone and got me started.

How about the jerk offs that constantly leave their carts in the middle of the isle so nobody can get through while they read every friggin word on every item them pick up.

Then.......when you say "excuse me" in a firm tone or just push their cart out of your way they look at you like you are the A hole.

God I hate people....they're the worst!

But not you guys. LOL

While I feel most of ya'll's pain, I must say that I have to agree with Welder (which is something I try NOT to do very often - HA). I do ALL of the shoppin' and it works out fine. In fact, Welder's wife and I go together a lot of the time. Best time to go (at least for a workin' woman) is around 7-8am. on Sat. mornin'. Not too many idiots out at that time of the day (except ME!) so crusin' the aisles and gettin' thru a checkout lane doesn't seem to be too much hassle. :2261_high:

BTW ~ I'm one of those that still writes checks but the good news is - at our WM stores you only have to hand them the check and tell them that it's for the amount of sale. They run it through the machine and hand it back to you with the receipt. No filling it out. :605_thumbs_up: