Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Reel Boating Members Show Your Boats!

This is the crap I bought $4,000: Nissan 23' from the 80's.

Dead transom, broken keel, full load of digested food.

060826018.jpg

060826012.jpg

060826016.jpg

This is part of the job done:

060826184.jpg

060826203.jpg

100 meters of fiber glass, some Kgs of teak lamination, some Kgs of epoxy (total 900 US), here it was before launching:

060826273.jpg

and now fully equipped, added folding radar pole, alu roof extension with crocket launchers, solar panel, and many more:

DSC03902.jpg

Pilot cabin is a bit low, engine is single yam 115 carb, but runs at nearly 30 kts. Has a 20 gallons live well. I love my boat like an ugly wife. Just don't know why.

Our new toy. . . we picked her up on December 20 .

The hull is a copy of the old Formula 233 and was built for us in Henderson, just south of Perth in West Australia. The weather here is usually 15 to 20 knots easterly(offshore) in the mornings and a south westerly to 25 knots in the arvos with the occasional lovely day like christmas day in the pic so a soft riding fast hull is just what we need.

post-1641-1239013100_thumb.jpg

post-1641-1239013120_thumb.jpg

post-1641-1239013269_thumb.jpg

This is my 2000 Triton Seaflight 20 CC. She isn't very big but really handles well in the NE slop we usually get around CT, RI, MA. She is currently in the process of getting some new electronics. She will be sporting a Navnet VX2 1824C/NT system here in the next few days if the rain will ever stop. I have a custom radome mount that attaches to the top of the grabrail and will be braced on either side of the rail and to the front of the console. Figuring out where to mount the monsterous display unit is my big issue right now. Leaning towards fush mounting in the guage area and relocating the guages elsewhere on the dash as I only need 3 of the 4 guages anyway. The other PIA is installing the M260 transducer which I have room for after relocating the 2 bilge pumps. Should be an awesome setup for my little tuna killer.

Mikestriton.jpg

She is a proven tuna catcher

DerrickTuna2.jpg

MikeTunaRelease1.jpg

• wiley pinned this topic