Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

What Are You Doing This Weekend?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Port closed until 10:15 this morning for the warships leaving. If you weren't out by 7:30am you aren't going anywhere.

Got some great sub pix.

Sweet ride! But I don't see any rod holders. :239_fishing:

We had occasion to cruise down the ICW from the Chesapeake to the Outer Banks a few years ago, and seeing all those awesome boomers docked south of Norfolk was enough to give you goosebumps.

Well we went fishing on Sunday. The marine weather forecast from NOAA was calling for SE winds 5-10 kts and seas at 2' or less.

As usual they were way off, the seas were more like 3-4 with some nice 5-6' swells from time to time. But we didn't let that stop us. We managed to boat 3 nice size Mahi cows. No schools, we got them all by trolling in 300-600 feet. All three were loaners.

Not a bad day at all. We landed at a very packed John Lloyd Park at about 1pm for lunch. Then we headed home at about 3:30 to clean the fish and the boat.

Well we went fishing on Sunday. The marine weather forecast from NOAA was calling for SE winds 5-10 kts and seas at 2' or less.

As usual they were way off, the seas were more like 3-4 with some nice 5-6' swells from time to time. But we didn't let that stop us. We managed to boat 3 nice size Mahi cows. No schools, we got them all by trolling in 300-600 feet. All three were loaners.

Not a bad day at all. We landed at a very packed John Lloyd Park at about 1pm for lunch. Then we headed home at about 3:30 to clean the fish and the boat.

PICS?

Hey, sent you a PM as to why I couldn't make it but will definately solo it over there this weekend.

I saw you guys go by, you should have looked over my way as about 30' off my seawall there were 2 of the largest snook I've ever seen simply hanging around. We didn't have anything rigged up to cast and I was trying to get your buddies attention. They hung out for a while, you could have snageed them easily.