Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Home Inspectors

I guess I would drive that inspector crazy. I have extra bridging in the shower and toilet for hand rails, and all over the other rooms for hanging stuff on the walls, like that big ole TV I plan to get. Fortunately the only inspector I contend with is the county code inspector who seems to be a pretty decent guy, and I think he knows what he's doing. I'm building my own house and my neighbors seem to think I'm crazy. They may be right but they also tend to give me some pretty wild advice. I called the inspector once and told him my friends were driving me nuts with well intentioned advice. He said I could call him anytime I needed to clear things up.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a builder in CT and it's the same story here......many times I've had two different building inspectors from the same department tell me to do two totally different things. It seems to me they are usually on a power trip and go out of their way to try to find something wrong so they can justify their existence (even it there is nothing wrong). I've been in the business for over 25 years and it's amazing how much I don't seem to know when it comes time for other people and inspectors to give their opinions.....

I don't blame you for ranting but soon we'll be out fishing .....so think about that for a while and try to relax.

Good luck!

It seems to me they are usually on a power trip and go out of their way to try to find something wrong so they can justify their existence (even it there is nothing wrong).

Now I haven't been in the business that long and I'm probably not on your level of projects, but I do have to deal with inspectors from time to time. What I have found that makes my life a whole lot easier is to through the inspectors a bone or two. I know the work I've done is 100% by code, but I'm not after the BS you and a few others have mentioned. So I'll intensionally screw something up that is a very quick and easy to fix. That way the inspector gets to find something and it makes him feel happy and I don't get all kinds of BS flack. :2261_high: I'm telling you, they are so predictable! :rolleyes: