Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Suzuki Gauge issue

Ron,

Great site, and great boat!

Now, what the network power supply does is provide 12V power to your network. There may be other leads in the engine harness that have voltage present, but they don't feed all those tees and gauges and sensors, the NPS does. Now, as you have seen, there are only 4-pins in a NMEA 2000 network. 2 are for power (hot and ground) and the other 2 are for data transmission. I've never actually put a meter on the pins to see just what the voltage level is. It may be 12V, it may be 5V, or entirely a value something different.

I wish I could get you a copy of the software, as it's very easy to run. Unfortunately, that would put me in jeopardy with my employer. Builders are treated as dealers, in the Suzuki world. Now if you were nearby... :1992_beer_cheer:

thanks for all your help. I ordered the power supply. I am pretty sure it was Brown's point that said I didn't need it. I think the power wires from the dual engine adapter harness were meant a source of switched power and that is what I am planning to use for the network power supply. I hate extra swiches. Anyway I think that is where I got confused when I was buying all the stuff for the network. I did some probing of the backbone and as you might guess some milli volts but, no volts!

What props do you have on your boat?

I wish she were my boat! Anyone knows, if you work in the business, you can't afford anything you build!

The 32 Pilot comes in at around 12,000 lbs., so she wouldn't be a good barometer for your boat. I want to say 16 X 23s, but it's been a while. Hell, we've been shut down since the first of November, and we only had built 2 at that time in August of '08.

I'm guessing you're going to be looking at props similar to what a YF or a Fountain would turn. They try to keep the weight down, and I gotta figure your "Hammer" comes in at around 6500.

I wish she were my boat! Anyone knows, if you work in the business, you can't afford anything you build!

The 32 Pilot comes in at around 12,000 lbs., so she wouldn't be a good barometer for your boat. I want to say 16 X 23s, but it's been a while. Hell, we've been shut down since the first of November, and we only had built 2 at that time in August of '08.

I'm guessing you're going to be looking at props similar to what a YF or a Fountain would turn. They try to keep the weight down, and I gotta figure your "Hammer" comes in at around 6500.

Hey Bob!

I sent you an e-mail...with a bunch of details.

My dealer claimed numerious Suzuki Installs, but is no help. They had to have the rep come in and set up what I have.

another question? the buzzer or buzzers that connect to the SMIS gages. I have (1) genuine suzuki smis 4" display and it is connected to the buzzer that came with it. I am hooking up my other two 4" displays (lowrance LMF-400) and was wondering which should I do? a. install all three buzzers, each to a gage. b.hook all three to one buzzer, or c. just dead end the LMF-400 buzzer wires and just have the single suzuki display connected to it's buzzer. Since I am still waiting for some parts (power supply). While on the subject, I bought the more expensive genuine suzuki gage instead of all lowrance because I was told that only the suzuki gage can do the suzuki engine diagonistic codes. Is that true?

back to the buzzers, my preferance would be just have the one buzzer that is now connected but if all three were hooked up do all three go off when any alarm is triggered? Some of these questions might answer themselves when, or if, I go through set up.