Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

T.W.I.C. card responsibilities

So writing my pin number ON MY CARD is a bad idea huh?

The PIN was some crazy combination I couldn't remember. It's not written on my card yet (for security reasons...) but right next to it in my wallet is a piece of paper with "TWIC PIN....and the number."

I might call the TWIC call center and try to change it for fun. They say if you suspect anyone knows your PIN to change it. Don't they know my PIN? Vicious cycle that call would be.

:471_confused_face:

I asked the call center why I needed it? I never go into a port? they said to confirm my ID and if I didn't get it they would pull my licence. Just another tax

I had to get this card last year, when I was driving logs to the Port for shipment overseas. Yes, they ship logs to Japan. They are supposed to ask for it when I arrive at Port Security before going to the dock - but here's the kicker - they never ask to see it. They want my manifest and my CDL!

Another tax? Absolutely

Another hoop to jump thru? Absolutely

Another level of security? Not