Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

WTB - Everglades, Whaler, Edgewater

Hello All - new user to this forum. WTB Everglades, Whaler or Edgewater. 26 - 29'. With Whaler - Outrages only and only to 27' due to weight. Fourstroke engines only. Prefer Yamaha or Suzuki and then Honda (I realize Whaler will have the Verado or Mercaha). Trailer a plus. Email me or post to this forum. Thank you.

Why just those 3 makes? Bob Dougherty fan? I have a 26' Southport for sale on this site that, imo, rides better than all three of those. In fact, when I bought her, I had narrowed my list to the Everglades, the Edgewater and the Southport and you can see which one won. I don't have a trailer, but let me know if you're interested. Best, Tack

Hello All - new user to this forum. WTB Everglades, Whaler or Edgewater. 26 - 29'. With Whaler - Outrages only and only to 27' due to weight. Fourstroke engines only. Prefer Yamaha or Suzuki and then Honda (I realize Whaler will have the Verado or Mercaha). Trailer a plus. Email me or post to this forum. Thank you.

Why just those 3 makes? Bob Dougherty fan? I have a 26' Southport for sale on this site that, imo, rides better than all three of those. In fact, when I bought her, I had narrowed my list to the Everglades, the Edgewater and the Southport and you can see which one won. I don't have a trailer, but let me know if you're interested. Best, Tack

Message Sent

Well built w full upright and level flotation when swamped. The Southport is a very nice boat - a little less family friendly than the Everglades or Whaler. I checked with the factory - they confirmed that it is unsinkable put it isn't level flotation - otherwise I'd consider it.

I have to ask. What features are "family friendly" in a CC?

Don't overlook Pursuit boats. I've been very happy with mine.

http://www.pursuitboats.com/C250.htm

In addition to the things I mentioned before, with 2 daughters and a wife the vacu-flush was a must! I also opted to get the filler cushion that fits between the forward seating so they can sleep, play or sun themselves on family outings.

I will let you know if something changes - but I am pretty set.

Family friendly -

1. forward seating (many don't have forward seats)

2. head set up - vacu flush, sink, sometimes pull out shower

3. higher freeboard

4. transom door

5. wider beam (many models are still 8-6 vs 9-2 or 9-9.

6. transom shower

7. plenty of grab rails

All other things generally can be added - sun lounge set up; forward table for meals, stereo, fans, etc.

To my knowledge - Pursuit is a nice boat, but it will go straight to the bottom. Not an option with small children.

Edited by JustFishOne

To my knowledge - Pursuit is a nice boat, but it will go straight to the bottom. Not an option with small children.

Who told you that BS?

Which part do you deem BS? That Pursuit is a nice boat or that it is not unsinkable or that it is not an option with small children?

Regardless - it is not an option for me and as the buyer in this case as it pertains to this thread that is all that matters.