Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Going the "Joe Boater" route?

wiley

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While in the end it is just a name and the forum is the same, I do like ReelBoating better. I see your point with the down to earth friendliness of the name joeboater but in my very humble opinion, it just doesn't have the class and distinction that the name ReelBoating reflects.

Granted we are all just a bunch of everyday joes boating here anyway but we like to feel a step above when we can. To me, at first glance, JoeBoater brings to mind row boats, canoes and aluminum boats tossed in the back of a pickup truck. Nothing wrong with them at all, I used to own one of them too. It's just not the crowd that we have gathered here to date. In the end everyone is welcome and the name is just what's written on the top of the page. It's what the membership makes of it that counts.

Either way, if the forum stays the same, I am in for the long run. I started out on THT and in a short time there, saw the slow mutation of the board into way too much bickering and "johnson" swinging and then found RB as the nicer place to be so I will stick around. I will wear my ReelBoating T-shirt in lieu of the JoeBoater one though. I just can't picture what the JoeBoater logo will look like.

Like I said, just my two pesos worth. No matter what the name is, I'm not going anywhere.

Edited by one4water

Personally I like ReelBoating. Though I probably fit "Joe Boater" more. This place feels much more comfortable, not a lot BS , etc.

I was at guy's house last week and we needed a pic of my boat and I took him over here on his laptop to show him one ( from you guy's helping me post it ) and he didn't know about this place. He has been a member elsewhere since 04 but does not get on a lot. My point being that he just did not know about this place and if there was a way to get the word out more ??

The Carolinas forum used to be quite active, I have been trying to think how to wake it up some.

Wiley you had the thought of "where's Arby ( or whatever his name could be, maybe Reely ? ). That could be fun, impose a pic of him somewhere or make it a site event with our shirts and people can guess where he is. The prize could be something silly , a big 1143_neener_neener_neener.gif that would go with your sig. or maybe some sponsers certificates.

Anyway some of my thoughts,

Butch

rb-rules.gif

I don't mind the Joeboater name at all. I also think Reelboating is fine. I guess what it would boil down to if I was the owner of the site is what will get more people to view/join.

I don't know if this is technically possible but perhaps you could have both sites carry the same content, albeit with different look. Anything posted to one site would automatically go on the other site. I'm not a computer expert so if it's not feasible don't crucify me :1121_wink:

Or maybe you could just give us all instant membership into the Joeboater forum and see if it takes off with new members.

The name may indeed attract new people, maybe some less experienced boaters who are looking for us "experts".

Edited by OReely