Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

WOW! Yacht Fire in Port Everglades - Pictures

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I just arrived in Florida tonight (01/12/10) and I will be on the boat or whats left of it tomorrow. I will try and get some photos and post them. No official word as to the cause yet. I have some ideas but it is to premature to voice them on a public form.

Thanks for all the photos. The boat being towed away in the fog was very sad.

The fog that you had is very common for us northern boaters. In the fall when the air is cold and the water is warm low hanging fog is created.

Ed

Wow, sorry for your the loss of your Bert also, it sucks but as always the most important thing is that no one got hurt. I have been to I think 4 yacht fires over the years, saved three (I'm sure there was still lots of damage in terms of $$) but lost one to the waterline. The fire spreads fast and is tough to put out sometimes. An early call, fast response and an aggressive onboard attack is the only way to save one. But if the boat is away from the dock, it is almost surely a goner.

Hopefully your insurance takes care of you quickly.