Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The story about the cop and the NFL player

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bussing tables......that guy is to stupid to bus tables.

I think it's the system behind what makes a cop a cop.....cops HAVE TO WIN regardless of the situation. You can NOT tell a cop anything. A cop is RIGHT regardless and you are WRONG regardless. Then add to that mix an idiot that can't get a job anywhere else

Apparently the captain tore up the ticket which is admission of wrong doing.......therefore the cop should be sued and the dept. and the money donated to cancer.....examples have to be made so the system can get better!

The cop is on administrative leave while the investigation is going on, but Chief Markle is a man of integrity and MY bets would go that this cop will be fired upon completion of investigation and justice will be served to the best of it's ability.

I'm seein' Wal-Mart "security" in this guy's near future.... :1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin

SC ~ I agree with you - ol' Andy was RIGHT ON! He was a great Sheriff and a great father figure. We could ALL learn from his example ~ :1992_beer_cheer:

It's easy to mess with cops .

Just say , no

Cop says " Can I look in the trunk " , You say " No "

Cop says " Know why I pulled you over , You say " No "

Cop says " Did you know you were going a little fast " You say " No " my speedo said the speed limit

They don't know what to do with , No..........But remember , BE NICE , don't give them a reason to shove the weight around .

And of course if your Female and the cop treated you bad just try calling the cop shop and talking to his boss . When the boss gets on the phone tell him the cop said he would let you OFF for a favor at the motel just down the road .

One thing I have found missing from this thread is a defense of law enforcement departments as a whole. That kind of surprises me. Many times there will be a plethora of defenders rushing to their "plight", the "one bad apple" thing, the "the majority are great people" defenses...

Have times changed? Has the general populus had enough? What about that guy in Oakland last week? How DID the cops behave before the unfortunate circumstances unfolded?

I mean, we need them, but... :504_shrugging:

Osprey,

I think you don't see a bunch of folks jumping up because it takes someone who is familiar with LE to know both sides of the story. There are dumbasses in all walks of life....it's just that when one is a LEO it usually becomes a well-known fact after a short while. Put a badge and a gun on someone, it tends to put a media spotlight on them as well.

While I don't condone or approve of what this particular LEO did, I will have to say that the vast majority of those I have dealt with were fair and not over-bearing. I have familiy who are or have been LEO's...they are the most level-headed and even-tempered amongst my relatives. Remember also that these folks have heard every lie told, and have sometimes become rather cynical as a result.

Not all LEO's are as egotistical, power-mongering, and authority-driven as many would like you to believe. If they were, there'd be stuff like this happening hundreds or thousands of times a day....and it would be a media bloodbath.

As much as I would like to jump on the cop; if the guy in the Escalade had been lying, the whole situation could have gone the other way. Give the cop the benifet of the doubt.

I hear you. But when the nurse and security guard came out to confirm the story the cop became an even bigger jerk.

This could have been much worse. Lets say the guy stopped instantly when the cop turned his lights on. I can guarentee the cop would have had the entire family out of the truck and searched everything. And nobody would have gotten to say goodby.

The cop is guilty of typical stereotyping. Big black guy in an expensive car at 1am so he must be a drug dealer. He isn't stopping so he must have guns and drugs in the car. It never once entered the cops mind that this guy had a real life or death emergency.

Judgement, common sense and compassion. These are three things he needed to exersise and he showed none. His job is to "protect and serve" and he didn't do any of that either. These people are human beings with feelings that desperatly wanted to say goodby to a dying family member. The cop knew this and purposly took that from them.

He deserves to be fired and not allowed to serve as a public offical ever again. I sure as hell wouldn't want this guy involved in any emergency I am a victim of.