Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The story about the cop and the NFL player

Sad story. Would love to hear a LEO's opinion on this, where's Cracker?

Unfortunately, the crazies in society have created the "always guilty" mindset.

Remember when picking up a guy walking down the road in uniform was the "right" thing to do? Now days, it is a risk that most will not take.

Better judgment should have prevailed here and "his" career needs to be over.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story says at the end that the chase went on for about a minute. Thats a pretty long time. I am sure what happened is during that chase this officer is becoming more and more agitated and scared wondering just what kind of folks he is chasing who won't stop. But when the vehicle turned into the hospital, you might think a light would go on in his head.

And surely when the situation unfolded, he should have been able to get out of his swat mode and start helping.

I agree 100 percent with Caveman... After the officer saw what was going on he should have switched modes... I think it was a little bit of what we like to call "Stepping on Superman's Cape syndrome." Yall watch out the Cracker is on premises now!!! LOL :2261_high:

I think the cop in question may have been cut from the High School Football team. I just read this on ESPN:

"Another allegation against Powell relating to an NFL player's wife surfaced over the weekend.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Maritza Thomas, wife of former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Zach Thomas, was handcuffed and spent approximately three hours in jail after Powell pulled her over for an illegal U-turn in July 2008."

I think this Powell character lacks some serious common sense.