Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Snowed In here in NC

4/0

High winds & horizontal snow here in Delaware. I've been watching the Delaware State Police doing a helluva job here right in front of my house. Thanks guys! Your're out there takin care of those folks who have to be on the road---or are too foolish to stay in. :2403_worshipper:

Del DOT is out in force also plowing their azzes off----good job fellas :1946_headbanging:

I'd take some pics but the Admiral has the cameras. Thanks for yours! :605_thumbs_up:

:rb-rules:

Edited by Dhooksetter

Cool. My dad has a place in Hayesville (or however you spell it) and is up there this weekend. Hope he is getting some snow.

Started yesterday and by this morning we had about 10-12". Thought some of might like to see these pic's.

Butch

Not sure about Hayesville, but if he's up here in the mountains he has some. We were pretty lucky did not lose power. They had on the news this morning that 60% + had lost power in Buncombe Cty.

Butch

LUCKY~!!! I just LOVE a good snowfall! Livin' in Texas we only get to see it every so often, so when we do it's a real TREAT - for me at least! I'm one of those that "pretends" that I'm SNOWED IN even if there's only an inch or so on the ground. Thanks for sharin' the pics!! Glad you're power hasn't gone out......yet...? Oh, well, if it does, throw another log in the fire and enjoy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :1992_beer_cheer:

FJ

Well almost un-snowed in, made in down almost to the main road bunch of cars stuck in and out and sort of on the road, couple of guy's with a truck down there pushing and pulling. I came back up here and will go the rest of the way in the morning:

100_1734.jpg

100_1732.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1735.jpg

There was a lot of people without power. I have a little 6'000 watt generator and I keep the boat full so I have 65-70 gallons in it. I have been up here long enough that I keep around 5-6 cords of wood so when it gets bad we are good for awhile. I like the wood heat more, I think it feels better.

Butch