Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Anyone Tried to Buy a Boat Lately?

15 calls/emails over the last couple of months and only 3 reply's. It's not like I was making low ball offers or anything. I just wanted to know things like hours/maintenance/more pictures etc. These are both dealers and individuals from Miami to Destin.

The one offer I made was within 10% of the asking price and I got a stone cold no.

Anybody had the same experience? It is getting kind of frustrating.

Looking for a good family friendly fishing boat 23-25 feet, preferably with twins. Shortlist is Sailfish 2360, ProLine 24SS, Donzi 23 ZF and SeaChaser 2400.

15 calls/emails over the last couple of months and only 3 reply's. It's not like I was making low ball offers or anything. I just wanted to know things like hours/maintenance/more pictures etc. These are both dealers and individuals from Miami to Destin.

The one offer I made was within 10% of the asking price and I got a stone cold no.

Looking for a good family friendly fishing boat 23-25 feet, preferably with twins. Shortlist is Sailfish 2360, ProLine 24SS, Donzi 23 ZF and SeaChaser 2400.

Had exactly the same result . . . seems that if there is not a great big commission and next to no work required, most brokers are non-responsive and unwilling to do any work.

On the other side, I do not know what percentage of buyers are serious or not.

Either way brokers are not responding if the boat is less than $100K or more . . . that is my experience during the last 18 months or so

I purchased my first boat two years ago and had some issues with brokers... They assumed I was too young to be serious. I ended up driving 8 or so hours from Savannah to Beaufort, NC just because the broker took his time and answered my questions! And bought the boat :605_thumbs_up:

Kudos to John @ Radio Island Marina and I feel your pain.

The PRO-LINE 24SS has been discontined for "2010".

The 23 SPORT that was introduced a few years back hurt the sales of the 24SS to the extent the model has been discontinued.

It's a guess, only a guess, that an offer of 10% below the asking price would then go to what the asking price was.

I do all the factory pricing for PRO-LINE.

The goal was to liquidate all non current product prior to the winter months.

In doing so my priceing was below dealer cost.

Made more sense to do that than pay interest on the product all winter.

My internal inventory, and field inventory is quite low with small boats.

We were quite succesful accomplishing what our plan was.

If I priced a boat at say 10% to 20% below dealer cost to turn it, and you offered me 10% below that, I would decline. Politely, but none the less, could not do it.