Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Morehead / Atlantic Beach Info Needed

Hi Folks and Old Friends...

I plan to fish the Morehead area this summer and I am looking for docks with nearby motels where the princess and kids can access the beach (walk). I mostly blue water fish and need to put the boat in a slip for a 2-3 day weekend several times this season. I'd be open to a rental cottage as well. Important that princess and kids can walk over to the beach.

Swansboro / Indian Beach area OK also, will be fishing the Big Rock area and along the shelf as well.

Good to be here and look forward to the responce.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks and Old Friends...

I plan to fish the Morehead area this summer and I am looking for docks with nearby motels where the princess and kids can access the beach (walk). I mostly blue water fish and need to put the boat in a slip for a 2-3 day weekend several times this season. I'd be open to a rental cottage as well. Important that princess and kids can walk over to the beach.

Swansboro / Indian Beach area OK also, will be fishing the Big Rock area and along the shelf as well.

Good to be here and look forward to the responce.

When I am down, I dock at Anchorage Marina on Atlantic Beach side. Very nice marina, stocked pretty decent and their fuel is usually reasonable compared to some of the others. The people there are great to deal with.

I usually stay at The Caribbe Inn which is a small family owned place, within walking distance to Anchorage Marina. I will be there last week of May for the MAD event that takes place on May 30

There is also Palm Suites. This place used to be a hotel but now each room is individually owned but they have a on site managment that rents them out by the night or week. They also have several slips with a dock but only poles to tie up to. No floating docks. There is a ramp but it used to be in rough shape.

There are others around but these are the only places I have dealt with. I am sure others will chime in as well..............