Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

5 Engine Boat Loses an Engine. New Thread - New Photos Added

wiley

Testing? That boat was at FLIBS 2008. It seems like a year of testing would be adequate.

As I said, if you want to put your product out in the limelight, you had better be able to accept the accolades, as well as the "Oh sh!ts!". 3310 lbs. of motor hanging at the end of a fairly large lever, exerting the force of 1750 HP, well, that is a torque moment if I ever saw one. So be prepared, children...

1200 SCis. The answer. Or any Innovation sterndrive. Just because you can do it doesn't make it feasable...or safe. It's called the law of diminishing returns.

Edited by 250 Osprey

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18,000 lbs. for a 37 ft. boat? What the hell is that thing made of? Cast iron?

For having quintuple 350 HP outboards and only going in the 80's is the saddest thing I've ever seen. Midnight should really go back to the drawing boards and put something that makes sense on that already useless boat. From where Midnight started (being a pretty good boat) to now, you couldn't give that thing to me at what it cost to build it.

I will say it now, if Homesite races this boat he will win hands down. And he'll probably win even more after a few miles when a motor or 2 falls off the Midnight but maybe the Midnight will pick up speed when it has a sensible number of motors hanging off the transom.

And as for the 'haters', nobody cares about 5 engines on a boat. Anyone with a brain knows it was the most ignorant idea, especially if they expect the boat to run and be reliable.

As for government contracts, Invincible has been rewarded a number of orders from the government on its new quad 42 coming out.

:1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin

Oh boy!! This could get real interesting.

It will. When these boats were being put together by Edit Marine, they were halfway decent, not the best hulls (neither the 39 or the 37 have anything to do with the original Midnight express from the 80's) but at least they were put together fairly well. I've seen other local boat builders take care of problems quickly, discretely and out of the public eye. The mess they created with the boat in question is going to be tough to recover from.

Congrats on the new forum Wiley, it looks fantastic.