Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Being pulled over...

About a year ago one of my trucks got rear ended when they stopped for a caution light. The driver pulls over to the side to exchange information. Turns out that the offending driver was not only talking on the phone, but also typing on the computer at the same time!

The police officer apologized and the city of Warwick paid for all damages.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not against cell phones in cars. But I do think that there should be some way to make sure the car is not moving before being allowed to make or receive a call. The phone should just log messages until the driver pulls over someplace safe and it becomes operable. A cell phone is a distraction to a driver.

Don't you just love getting behind one of these cell phone addicts who have to use their hands to express themselves when they are talking on the phone? They are paying attention first to what the conversation is, and the world outside them spinning by at 70 mph only gets their attention when something out of the ordinary crops up. Not good.

How about the moms driving Suburban's full of little kids holding the phone in one hand and the other hand is waving in the air like they are at home on the phone. They are not paying one bit of attention to the traffic while driving a very large and heavy vehicle full of kids. I just don't get it. At least in some states, it is hands free only. In CA that has made a huge difference in accidents and at least people have their hands on the wheel now.

It is also scary to see kids driving and texting at the same time, as they are talking to other kids in the car at the same time. Very scary to be on the road some times.

i dunno...i remember discussing the fact on the cell phone with a friend that i was breakin four laws at once coming home from surfing last summer. technically it was five as i was barefoot but they never enforce that one.

seriously....how about personal responsibility.....less nanny state hall monitors.

if you get in an accident talking on your phone you deserve stiffer consequences. if you cant walk and chew gum at the same time......dont.

How about boating, towing a disabled vessel, listening/chatting on two VHF's, and cell phone, radio on Rock 96 FM, navigating to a waypoint, scanning the radar sector, while surfing the web?

0017.jpg

Hey Ludi,

Those stickers like you have on the lower right hand of the wheel are a waste of time. They don't fool the authorities at all. So I have heard. B)

Big Al

How about boating, towing a disabled vessel, listening/chatting on two VHF's, and cell phone, radio on Rock 96 FM, navigating to a waypoint, scanning the radar sector, while surfing the web?

0017.jpg

If you need to report someone just pull over and do it, I think far more lives are lost than saved due to cellphones. I've even seen people texting while driving, but the all-time winner was a guy I saw reading a novel while driving on the Jersey pike. I knew a trooper who used to say some people were just too dumb to go on living, just hope they don't take anyone else with them when they leave the planet.