Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

When do you launch?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, with spring upon us, what is everyones launch plan?

I launch April 15, which is two weeks later than normal.

Every spring I say I am going to start early and every spring I end up starting late for one reason or another. I'm going down the cape this weekend and get the boat ready to go for a early start this year but I fish the bay and the stripers an blues wont be in till the end of May or first of June, What else can I fish for earlieyer, flounder?

I'll be able to wax and prep the boat in the garage but launch is going to be tough. I've got snow in front of the door better than 4 feet tall. I deal with it every year but ice out will not be till mid April as there is over 3 feet of ice on the lake as of last week end and fishing does not open till 5-1.

Raising that mooring chain up from the bottom is cold. I got me a new plan to try this year. This may be the last year for it. I'm thinking dock space and they have it. I'm just getting too old for dealing with this crap. It's not the work. It would also solidify my slip when I upgrade. The guy who wants to buy my boat is bugging me for a price.