Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Another Insurance Question

I have all my personal insurance with State Farm. Cars, boats, and homeowners. My bills show credits for multi-vehicle, multi-line, safe driver, and a few other things. It looks good on paper, but I think SF is high to begin with, so all the discounts do is bring them in line with their competition.

I like the fact that I have one telephone number to call if I have questions, or need anything concerning my personal insurance. Only had two claims over the years, and didn't have a bit of trouble getting a fair outcome from SF. Keeping all my insurance with the same company works for me.

Good luck.

I've been with state farm since I started driving, and now have my house, wifes car, & boat with them, along with life insurance & an umbrella policy, plus my truck is financed through them. I grew up around the corner from my agent, and he is only a phone call or email away. Just finished up combining my accounts & my new wifes accounts this morning, not only were the savings significant from getting married & having multiple lines/vehicles now, but the process was absolutely painless. I have priced vehicle insurance with all of the other big names, a few were competitive, but none beat them. Also, their claim service is very good, and is taken care of in a timely manner.

The Farm dropped lots of Florida people this year :753_hammer_hitting_head:

Find a good local Independent Agent. He or she will find the best for you. Having your Policies with one carrier is good for the insurance company, but may not be for you. Ask the former State Farm people scrambling to find home owners and boat coverage here in Florida.

Like MrPat said, State Farm cancelled homeowner policies in Florida so there are a lot of people dumping State Farm for everything else they insure. It pissed off people, big time. I was a 30 year State Farm policy holder in 2 states and it was only after I went to an independent did I realize how much State Farm was overcharging me. Every new policy I opened was hundreds of dollars less than State farm. Sure, its a bit of a pain since everything is no longer consolidated, but I'm saving a chunk of money every year for the same coverage.