Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

River Marine Supply

This has me curious, because if it's true I would definitely not do business there. I did a bunch of searching on this to see what I could find....there's not much.

I found a PDF from Gov. Crist assigning a DA after one asked to be recused to avoid conflict of interest: http://www.flgov.com/pdfs/orders/07-16-capote.pdf

I also found what appears to be the surveillance tape from Chaos Rods on 12/4/06: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLznRomjICY

Does anyone here know Capote? I would suppose that if it's him on the video above, you would recognize him if you knew him.

There were also a couple of THT threads that came up, but I hardly see that as a reputable news source.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew of the previous accusations, and I also remembered that the guy was not convicted of anything. Also, the recent history of Chaos has left a bunch of people without rods that they have paid for, and now Chaos is out of business. I have never been to the store, and probably never will. Wiley, I did not know you had a previous bad experience with them. In my particular instance, the person I dealt with went out of her way to make sure I was taken care of. That is my only personal experience with them, and it was a positive one.

I'm not much of a poster but in this case thought I would add.... I have bought about $6K from RMS since hurricane Ike and another $2 to 3 K prior. All transactions have been positive. I had a windlass shipped to the shop that was outfitting my boat, the breaker was damaged they replaced no questions, Another time I ordered 3 sets of outriggers accidentally,,(must of been the whiskey) end of the week all three showed up, mailed 2 back no problem. I'm in Texas so have no knowledge of the thefts except from the stories on THT.

• 1 month later...
There are so many honest businesses out there. Why bother patronizing one that has a shady reputation :504_shrugging: ? I would never give these guys my credit card #.

Here is one reason. In talking with the owners of Chaos earlier this year, they told me RMS has nothing to do with their theft. Only on THT, and now here on RB does this rumor continue to live. Who knows what happened with RMS.

Edited by cowdogs

• 2 months later...
Here is one reason. In talking with the owners of Chaos earlier this year, they told me RMS has nothing to do with their theft. Only on THT, and now here on RB does this rumor continue to live. Who knows what happened with RMS.

You dont get arrested for rumors and it was not the Choas incident it was something about lights of some kind... But the case was dropped..

• 3 months later...

I used to buy lots of products from RMS because they always seemed t have the best prices. I've started shopping at "El Capitan" on 27th Avenue in Maimi and have found comparable if not better pricing. The staff is very friendly and helpful also. The owners and managers are very involved in the day to day business. If you decide to give them a try, talk to Eddie de la Cavadas.

They recently ordered a large quatity of camping equipment for my Cub Scout pack out of a catalog and didn't charge us anything extra.

I pay full price as a walk in customer and have no ties to them at all...

• 1 month later...