Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

OK,,Who is the cell phone expert?

The hinge on my phone is broken, but it still works. For how long, I don't know.

Some one gave me a phone that has the same provider as mine and I want to get it changed over to work with my number. How do I go about doing this?

Do I call Verizon and let them help me? or is this something I can do my self?

They wanted 200.00 dollars for a new phone. (I didn't get the insurance for my phone when I bought it)

Rick ~ does the phone you have have now have a SIM card? If so, just transfer that card into the new phone and TA-DA! Problem should be solved. All of your provider info. is stored on that little card - it doesn't care which phone you use.

However, should this option not work - just take the phone to your local Verizon store and see if someone there might be able to help you out - if you work it right you MIGHT even be able to talk them into just switching phones for you depending on how long you've had the phone. Also, are you due for an "upgrade"? This generally occurs when you've signed up for a 2 yr. contract. After the 2 yr. period you are due for a phone upgrade in which you can trade in your old phone for a new one. :605_thumbs_up:

In the end - I must say that insurance is really worth the $5/mo. I know this because I was "one of those" that managed to drop mine in a hot cup of coffee.............. :471_confused_face::753_hammer_hitting_head::blink:

Anyway, try some of these options and good luck to ya! :1992_beer_cheer:

Had the same problem with a Motorola phone. It would work but you had to take care or the thing would flip closed and hang up the call. Verizon was no help. No parts or repair service offered. Tried to get parts from Motorola but no luck there either. Ended up with a new phone.

Barry

No sim cards with verizon phones. Just call customer service or go into the store. They just need the ESN off the new phone. I buy spare phones off ebay and whenever an employee loses or breaks one I can get them a new one in a few minutes.