Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Confronted at Work

Had an interesting one happen to me today. A guy who appeared to be a customer came into the showroom at work and asked for me. I told him that I was in fact me, to which he replied that he would like to look at a few things out on the yard, which isn't out of the ordinary at all. Once we got outside, he confronted me, saying, "your answer will determine how you walk out of here today." I was basically like WTF are you talking about. He went on to confirm who I was, and if I had worked at another location for the came company that I am with currently elsewhere in the state. I confirmed all of this. He then asked me if I knew a particular woman, to which I replied I didn't. He went on and on asking if I was sure if I did or did not know her. Finally, he got down the just of it all, and pretty much said he was nearly positive that I was the guy that was running around with his wife. He appeared to still not be convinced, and wanted me to raise my hand and swear before him about all of this, and also wanted my address and cell #, to which I told him in a nice way that he could go pound sand.

Just curious, but at this point do I have legal ground to put a restraining order out against this guy? He basically drove 100 miles to beat my a$$, on a mistaken identity, not to mention at my place of work. I'm not overly scared of the guy by any means, but at the same time anyone willing to drive that far to confront someone on pieced together, incorrect information may not be bringing a full plate to the table.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a lady come in one day and ask for me. She went on to tell me that my son was running around with her daughter, to which I assured her he was. She then went on to warn me to keep him away from her, that she was dangerous and not mentally sound. That my son was too nice for her. When she finally left I was thinking that mental problem ran in the family, except her daughter seemed way better balanced than mom. She wasn't scary but she was certainly worrisome. Your situation though could become dangerous. This guy is out for blood and thinks it should be yours. The fact that he left is encouraging but if he somehow becomes more convinced that you are the guy, who knows. A restraining order would show him that you've gone to the authorities and if he's reasonable at all he should be a bad memory. And I think he should seriously consider dumping that wife.

In todays world I would era on the safe side with this. people our freaking nuts I know I'm one of them but a love triangle a lot of emotions tied up in this. Can you speak to your boss about this are your local police dept. People walk in and shoot people every day. There is no doubt that he is looking for answers and is willing to find them and than what? Anyhow can I take out a life insurance policy on you Just kidding I would not walk around with my head in my arse either did you see what he drove I would gather some info about him that the proper authority's could use wish you the best

Everyone I work with knows of the situation, the first person I contacted after this happened was my old boss at my previous location, just to find out if someone else in our industry in that area happened to share my name. The guy was absolutely positive about my first name, and that the guilty party was in the heavy equipment business in Columbia.

I'm sure it sucks to be you right now Trey, guilty or not guilty. :( I'd have to figure life would be a ###### having to constantly be looking over your shoulder. For the next couple of days I'd be changing up my routine, driving home a different route, trying to stay public and keeping both eyes open for anything out of the norm. ;)

Were you lucky enough to gather all the particulars about this guy and his wife? Hope so. You should indeed file a report with the cops ASAP. ;) .....change up your routine.

Best of luck Trey.

Personally, I would have given him my cell phone number....if he calls and pesters you, that could be dealt with later. He probably wanted it to compare to his wife's call log, which would have exonerated you. The home address is another matter....I wouldn't have given him that either.

I hope this works out for you. This kind of thing has the potential to get ugly. I'd probably go ahead and speak to the police and/or tell your wife about it....if he gets to her first, it could make things rough for you even though you've done nothing.