Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Best non-skid wax/cleaner?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regular boat soap or car wash and for stains, barkeepers friend or soft scrub with bleach. I've tried the Starbrite and Woody nonskid products and I don't think they're worth a damn.

Ditto. Why wax the deck anyway? Just keep it clean. It's OK if the non-skid is not polished looking and safer too.

I am in the Marine detail business, and have found soft scrub with bleach to be as good as anything and it can be purchased at a big box retailer for $3.80 to 4.00 for a 32 oz bottle.

Power boat reports rates woody wax highly, I think it is real pricey

I do use the Starbright with ptfe every 3-4 cleanings just for the ptfe coating

Power boat reports, rates Mary Kate brand non skid deck cleaner and top pick, I have never used it as it is not locally available in my area.

Mark