Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Whaler Project - Va Area

I look at the Govt surplus site on occasion , usually just to look at what crap they have. It amazing how much excess is around. I have never bought or bid on anything.

But, they have Boston Whaler 22 they are taking bids on. Hull looks fine, mfg in 92.

Of course its been beat about the head and neck govt style, but it could be a fun project if it went cheap. Hull looks okay. If was in the area and had a big backyard, I might take a crack at it.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=2340448

Ok, I am interested, i could add this to my 1972 17" BW Cohasset restoration. But how in the heck would i haul it....

David

It does look like a fun project.

I would bet that a any medium duty single axle trailer would haul that thing easily as long at the engines we not mounted.

Pound for pound, whalers are pretty light. I would bet the whole thing as is would be under 1800 lbs. But im to lazy to google it for sure..

Here is some information I received from Boston Whaler by getting the HIN number.

Hi Mr. Williams,

This is a 1992 22' model (the last four digits indicate the month, year of manufacture and model year. C stands for the month A, B, C=Jan, Feb, March. 2 would stand for 1992 for year of manufacture and the 92 is the model year=1992).

Unfortunately, in this time frame, the information is sparse (warranty records, only), that lists this boat as a 22' Guardian.

I believe it was originally shipped to the ComNav. Base Harbor Patrol in Norfolk, VA

Hopefully the extra 1200 lbs is not water! I will google the wait when I get home, and will reply back when I get home.

I may ask you too look at it and take some more pictures if you can ( I will let you know), I will reimburse you for your time. I talked to the guy at the yard, and he did not know too much.

I have always wanted one of these boats, it is just like an outrage but beefed up.

Hopefully the extra 1200 lbs is not water! I will google the wait when I get home, and will reply back when I get home.

I may ask you too look at it and take some more pictures if you can ( I will let you know), I will reimburse you for your time. I talked to the guy at the yard, and he did not know too much.

I have always wanted one of these boats, it is just like an outrage but beefed up.

I doubt it. I was only guessing at the weight. The 3000 pounds is probably closer to the real thing.

We had a 1990 22 Outrage that was used as a coastal guide boat and bottom painted. The lowest bilge thru hull was brass and corroded thru at the bottom of the hull and filled the foam with water. It would drip all winter. Had a 1998 225 Optimax on it and would still run low 50's even with the water. Actually ran pretty heavy in the head sea so I never cared. I would have never known had my brother in law not had a garage kept 1987 that floated higher and just felt lighter than mine. His did pound a bit in a head sea. Just some fyi. Loved that boat and my sisters hit every dock in our inlet with it and it would still clean up as new. Guardian model would be a hoss and a blast to run. Can't wait to see the pics and best of luck.

Ben