Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Whaler Project - Va Area

We had a 1990 22 Outrage that was used as a coastal guide boat and bottom painted. The lowest bilge thru hull was brass and corroded thru at the bottom of the hull and filled the foam with water. It would drip all winter. Had a 1998 225 Optimax on it and would still run low 50's even with the water. Actually ran pretty heavy in the head sea so I never cared. I would have never known had my brother in law not had a garage kept 1987 that floated higher and just felt lighter than mine. His did pound a bit in a head sea. Just some fyi. Loved that boat and my sisters hit every dock in our inlet with it and it would still clean up as new. Guardian model would be a hoss and a blast to run. Can't wait to see the pics and best of luck.

Ben

I have that problem on my current whaler. I do not believe the foam got wet though.

I found some more information on the boat:

http://www.brunswickcgp.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=72

David