Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How Long Should It Take An F150 To Pee On Muffs

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a tub, stock tank, garbage can.

My experience with Yam 150's has been that sometimes they will pee from muffs, and sometimes they wont.

I used a tub at the end of last season since the water was already off at my marina and it worked well, but the water is on now so I gave the muffs (dual feed) a try.

One more try with the engine tilted and I guess its back to the tub. Will it hurt the engine to run 5 to 8 seconds with the muffs on waiting for the stream?

I just want to burn off the fogging oil before putting in new plugs.

Are you sure it is OK to run a Yamaha 150 at 45 degrees? Engine manufacturers have a maximum limit for tilting the engine while running. I am not sure what it would be for a Yamaha F150. Oil pickup can be a problem with most manufacturers at high angles.

Good point. Maybe I'll just change the plugs and run it in the water.