Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Kfc Grilled Chicken

OK - I tried it yesterday. Let me begin by saying I think White Chicken Meat is about the most tastless grass like food invented. Even sauce, skin on, and salt can't save it. I would rather eat yogart or granola - both which I have told my kids to shoot me if they ever see me eating that stuff. I do like the regular KFC stuff but its a bit too too fatty and salty tasting even for me.

Well, the KFC grilled stuff is much better than any grilled chicken I have ever had (my marinated slow crocked/grilled barbecue legs and thighs are almost as good). I would rate it EXCELLENT - 5 stars. Even the white pieces are juicy and edible - but no where near as good as the other pieces. So I figure they gotta inject the stuff with fat sugar and salt and chemicals. I don't know if they do, but for you people that believe in this nutritional crap they try to sell us, I found this..

"The difference is in the nutritional numbers. KFC says each piece of its grilled chicken has 70 to 180 calories and four to nine grams of fat. By contrast, the Original Recipe items have between 110 and 370 calories and 7 to 21 grams of fat, depending on the piece. The grilled chicken contains from 160 to 440 milligrams of sodium per piece, as opposed to 290 to 1,050 milligrams of sodium per piece of Original Recipe chicken. (Read "A KFC to Give the Colonel Indigestion".)"

So I guess its still not as "healthy" as your homemade versions but really, I recommend you Try it ! I was so surprised I htought I owuld share this with you all ... Enjoy....

OK..I'll bite...where are you and how much do you have?? :1992_beer_cheer:

Up here in Eastern Connecticut. Actually did have several brewskis with the meal yesterday. And it was at the boat so the ambience may have tainted my tastes. We are having Florida weather today - so come on up and we can crack open a few cold growlers of the local brew! :1992_beer_cheer: Yesterday was a record breaking 91 inland (still cooler here near the shore) but today may get into the high eighties everywhere!