Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

A 30 Minute Paint Job For Less Than $50

Ashortanswer,

What's going on here? King, am I going nuts here or what? :504_shrugging: :504_shrugging:

Osprey.....we're all going a little nuts.....i think it is part of the package. I never really posted much on THT and I am well known by another screen name so i switched over. better earlier than later.....sorry for the confusion. Wanted to depart THT and start here with the original THT screen name so every one would know it was me.

King......a plastic livewell? hmmm, i don't know. never tried it. if you are talking about the portables like Kodiak, i am guessing, but there are spray paints specifically designed for plastics. also a question was asked earlier about rinsing real well after coating. Heck yeah, I ran the well (minus the livies) for a couple of days just cruising w/family prior to fishing. also gave it a light wet sanding w/1000. no dead soldiers subsequently.

jim

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job!! And if someone is looking for a neat sprayer, that compact unit is great for small jobs. please show or print the name of that unit...can't remember who makes it, but have used them in the past..

PREVAIL sprayer. you are right......great for small jobs. Home Depot $4.50........ West Marine about twice that much. Another trick you can do with a Prevail to simulate "sprayed on" nonskid (at least for a Parker) is to shoot the gelcoat unthinned. The thicker it is the more aggressive the texture will be. If it is too thick, then it will not spray at all.

in this shot i actually moved the windlass off the pulpit, repaired the 3 inch hole and retextured......all with a Prevail.

post-2300-1240109215_thumb.jpg

jim

Jeez Louise, boy, I really thought I had better quit the natty lights...OK, we're better now! Thanks Jim!

Excellent job, like I said, we blue gel our livewells on 29s and above, why we don't do it on the shorter models, well, I'll find out. Greenies, whitebait, pinfish will definitely be more lively over the course of the day. Keep the water flowing as well. A lot of times it's not so much the oxygen depletion in livewell where the water isn't flowing, but the temp that gets them sluggish and kills 'em.

Love Parkers. How is the helm area in August? Not that far away, you know... :rolleyes:

Jeez Louise, boy, I really thought I had better quit the natty lights...OK, we're better now! Thanks Jim!

.........How is the helm area in August? Not that far away, you know... :rolleyes:

PH is the coolest place on the boat, believe it or not. Had the same hull in a CC with a fiberglass T-top and the PH beats it. the reason is the reduction in reflected UV. check out the video of my boat in the videos forum.......that is 90 degrees in August, and you'll notice that my 2 yo is sleeping comfortably up front (that or she passed out....just kidding).

jim

Jim,

I'll be honest, I have never seen rod holders flanking a pulpit. Now, I have stood on a pulpit cranking in a Bonito, but keeping a grouper on the hook while raising anchor? :1992_beer_cheer: :1992_beer_cheer:

BTW, don't know if you have them, but a couple of 12V fans down below will make your LO a happy little girl. And I hope she gets her first snook soon! :605_thumbs_up: :605_thumbs_up:

Jim,

I'll be honest, I have never seen rod holders flanking a pulpit. Now, I have stood on a pulpit cranking in a Bonito, but keeping a grouper on the hook while raising anchor? :1992_beer_cheer: :1992_beer_cheer:

BTW, don't know if you have them, but a couple of 12V fans down below will make your LO a happy little girl. And I hope she gets her first snook soon! :605_thumbs_up: :605_thumbs_up:

it is a sideways thing. my boat is actually 31.5 ft if you are paying for a marina slip, so, fishing off Jupiter you crank the engine hardover for a sideways drift so your spread covers a larger area. kites and/or balloons get deployed off the pulpit. don't use the pulpit holders for anything fishing off the left coast.

I'm not sure I buy into the whole feng shui livewell thing, but just in case I ever do:

I changed out the top on mine from acrylic to starboard and increased the insulation because I don't fish live bait very often....the idea being that when I'm not fishing live bait it serves very well as a 180 quart cooler. I haven't had any problem with the bait....they seem fine in the dark, but does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should add a livewell light? Perhaps a blue one?