Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Please Wish Forum Member Rich A Happy Birthday Tomorrow!

Well gee, I guess that was a poorly worded thread title, as his birthday is now today!

His daughter Rebecca is here for the weekend. Son Ryan coming at 0900 for breakfast. The big gathering is at noon but Ryan has to work today--photographing a wedding. But bonus daughter Elaine, DIL Rachael and all the grandkids will be here, along with his parents, some sibs of his, cousin, nephew, etc. along with friends.

I expect at some point he'll play with his birthday gift, but I'll leave it to him to tell you what he got :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Rich You know what that means!!! :504_shrugging: You get to have your mid life crisis!!!! :2261_high::2261_high: Take your pick, new boat, corvette, super snake shelby, you name it, you deserve it!! I can't wait till my 50th, I'm getting a 31ft yellowfin, the wife just don't know it yet!!

Happy Birthday Rich. :1143_neener_neener_neener: I'm right behind you. Given the option take the SuperSnake I went to the Shelby plant in Vegas in January. :2403_worshipper:

Thanks all!

What a great time we had. Sheila put on a great party for me with a “cast of thousands”…..well okay, maybe only 30 or so.

The morning started with my gift from her, a Bosch 4100-09 direct drive 10” table saw with the gravity rise wheeled stand. I had told her that I wanted a 10” table saw but that it wasn’t something that I would use enough to justify spending a lot of money on. But after some research on her own, a little consultation with my brother (he used to be the sales rep for a power tool distributor) she settled on the Bosch. Can’t wait to put it together and start ripping some boards….even though I don’t have a particular project in mind just yet.

You have to keep in mind that this is the same woman that urged me to repower the boat at the end of our honeymoon...... :605_thumbs_up:

All us guys stood around beaming at the “new arrival” and I wished I’d had some cigars to pass around……but at least Jim gave me a nice bottle of Remy Martin VS Cognac to toast it with.

#2 on the “Best Of” list was a ships wheel that our friend Tristan, who also happens to be the contractor that did almost all of the renovation on our house before we bought it and his girlfriend Pam gave me. The ships wheel had been modified to include a center piece that holds a 4x6 photo of Sheila and I on the boat taken just a couple of weeks ago when we took Tristan, Pam and Pam’s two kids out. A lot of thought and no small bit of effort went into that one.

As it turns out, Tristan (a professional contractor) has exactly the same table saw (unbeknownst to Sheila) and just loves his. He informed me that once it's assembled it only takes two grunts to load it into the truck bed single handed.

Oh and for the record…….Sheila hit 50 before me. Not MUCH before me, but before me nonetheless.

Robbiedon – We went to Vegas for Sheila’s 50th, but we didn’t pick up a Shelby for her (although I’m sure she would have loved it if we had).

But best off all was just the time with my kids, other family and a lot of great friends - some new and some old made for a terrific day :605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up:

Rich, careful with that saw buddy. I bought one a few years ago and now my wife expects me to actually use it. Whatever you do, don't let her get you a compound miter saw. Those things can kill you with work. I'm heading out now on a beautiful day to hang siding on the second story. How's that for a relaxing Sunday?