Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

5 Engine Midnight Express

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder - - look how far the motors are trimmed.

Certain boats with quads I can almost understand. Quints are a real stretch of practicality and/or safety.

It is an optical illusion. The cowling design makes it look as though they are trimmed, but they are not.

Not my cup of tea, but I love the pictures!!

I asked them at the NYBS wether the arrangement allowed for sufficient cooling accross the engines. That is a load of turbulance.

He actually got a bit miffed and didn't directly answer the question.

I like their boats but not this one.

Why?

Because they can. Such projects help to drive the process of hull design, including power-to-weight considerations, materials, handling, and on and on.

I recall the days when twin outboards were considered superfluous nonsense and merely reflections of short penises. Nowadays triples are readily accepted as "necessary".

I think its ugly as hell, and it might well be "unsafe"; but as Ralph said "I'd hit it", and hard. :605_thumbs_up:

Wouldn't buy one, though. Wouldn't buy a Space Shuttle either, but again, "I'd damn sure hit it".

Horsepower speaks directly to the soul in a uniquely singular way. More is not always better, but it is always desired.

Big Al

light it up

Why?

Because they can. Such projects help to drive the process of hull design, including power-to-weight considerations, materials, handling, and on and on.

I recall the days when twin outboards were considered superfluous nonsense and merely reflections of short penises. Nowadays triples are readily accepted as "necessary".

I think its ugly as hell, and it might well be "unsafe"; but as Ralph said "I'd hit it", and hard. :605_thumbs_up:

Wouldn't buy one, though. Wouldn't buy a Space Shuttle either, but again, "I'd damn sure hit it".

Horsepower speaks directly to the soul in a uniquely singular way. More is not always better, but it is always desired.

Big Al

light it up

I can remeber looking at Fountains at the boat show in NY, the sales reps did not even see me but they were all this guy with gold chains.