Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Buying A House

still got a ways to go before everything is finalized. We have verbally agreed to the counter offer, and will be signing the contract for it tomorrow, hopefully everything on the finance end will go smoothly, the biggest thing I have heard on that end is that underwriting can take a while with the large number of folks doing refi's.

Are you working with a mortgage broker or bank loan officer yet? If not, when you approach them, make it known that you work in a construction related industry (they will find this out when you fill out the application, but make it known upfront). Make it known that you rent/lease equipment to developers doing projects and that you have good relationships with them. Then make it known that if your process goes smoothly, you could talk to the developers about referral business given how well your transaction went. Then simply mention that you really need your loan approved in short order.

Brokers/LO's have favor banks with underwriting managers and if they see referral business on the other end, they can get you approved in short order.

Garrett, you need to find a better real estate agent. I would say 20% of the Agents do 80% of the business and they are good. The best agent will help a buyer or seller know what a house is worth and then work to get a transaction done between knowledgeable buyer and seller.

As is the case in a quick transaction, the agents did a good job helping both sides establish values.

And no, I am not a real estate agent but my wife is. But I did spend 23 years in commercial RE most of which was dealing with brokers. Good ones are worth every penny.

All I can say guys is I'm a pretty darn good at reading people's personalities, reading between the words they use and their mannerisms. IMO and exposure the agents up here are out for them self first and foremost. They bring little to the table as far as effort goes and skills, but front row and center they bring they want your money from the sale.

My last home I bought 3 years ago this coming summer I had dealings with no less than 100 agents before I found the house I really wanted to buy and the agent I was going to use......our search encompassed a very large area and I think it was I viewed 178 houses in a 5 ½ month period.

The gentleman Lek I used as an agent to buy our current home was the most honest of the bunch of bandits I had dealings with. I know I treated him poorly in the final hours, but I know I had to because it was my money I was spending. As I told Lek after the sale was completed that he was nothing more than a tool I needed to buy a house.....so I made sure I brought the right tool to do the job that I needed to be done. I did buy him an expensive pen so he could write more contracts in the future and I did buy him and his lovely wife a beautiful dinner for the anguish I put him through.

Now "if" I were to become an real estate agent (not), I'd tell the potential buyer everything.....I'm a throw back from the days of honesty....it has always severed me well in life.