Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Has not sold a boat in six months

Went to a broker (looking for a boat) in NJ and found out that they were one of the top five brokers in the four state region and they have not sold a used boat over $100k in the last 6 months

Absolutely incredible . . . especially since one of their brokers could not meet with me because he was going to his service club to meet some of his buddies . . . I guess he made a ton of money prior to the last 6 months

:504_shrugging:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a broker (looking for a boat) in NJ and found out that they were one of the top five brokers in the four state region and they have not sold a used boat over $100k in the last 6 months

Absolutely incredible . . . especially since one of their brokers could not meet with me because he was going to his service club to meet some of his buddies . . . I guess he made a ton of money prior to the last 6 months

He was probably going to his club to get drunk.

Gus, you are in a rare position of actually being a buyer in this market.

Actually, I should give you your own forum area to document your buying process B)

Look forward to your boat buying adventure posts be they good bad or indifferent.

Funny thing is.............I have been thinking about going into a larger boat, and the biggest problem I have had is getting brokers to actually return calls!! I cant believe in this economy alot of them arent even trying to sell a boat!!! How hard is it to call a potential buyer back?!?!?!

I dont get it :753_hammer_hitting_head: :753_hammer_hitting_head:

Funny thing is.............I have been thinking about going into a larger boat, and the biggest problem I have had is getting brokers to actually return calls!! I cant believe in this economy alot of them arent even trying to sell a boat!!! How hard is it to call a potential buyer back?!?!?!

I dont get it :753_hammer_hitting_head: :753_hammer_hitting_head:

That was not my experience once I started talking about a specific boat that they had . . . they were far more willing to talk to me after I told them that I did not have a trade in

I looked at my notes and I think that I have talked to close to 20 brokers

One common remark is that the brokers complained that they got a lot of tire kickers . . . I am not saying that you are a tire kicker :)