Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

hello from the Turks and Caicos

Thanks. This one was bigger, but uncooperative. Also we hadda grab the dog right after this, he was ready to go overboard to bite this one. didn't get time to try to line it up for a good photo.

feb16064a.jpg

We hooked into something on a skirted cedar plug that broke 65# test braided wire, which was on 80# powerpro. We didn't see it, but it bent the rod double. I am guessing a big wahoo, but will never know.

We caught six or seven barracuda before we gave up and moved on. Still, they are fun to catch, and there are worse ways to spend a day in mid-Feb.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't plan to "start" anything with anyone there: Purdy Lady, in fact: I don't believe I addressed you at all other then to say: Hey!

As to: frfs, (who I did address), I didn't use any profanity, I merely acknowledged the truthfulness of the first sentence of yer post #26, (yer own werds: Sir), nor did or do I intend to use any profanity I jus' called a spade a spade, (which I always do).

Hopefully yer not sooooooo sensative ta cornsider that profane as well. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

BTW, I also don't need any lectures, (thank you very much n' I will let you know if I decide I need some help from you or others in the future) from those who I didn't address, or those who I did address, (fer that matter). :rolleyes::605_thumbs_up:

Me over priced $.02. JR

It's not all clear blue water every day here, of course. But we have been getting some nice sunrises from time to time.

This is the local marine patrol boat coming back in shortly after dawn:

jan20020a.jpg

They leave just before sunset each night and patrol the water between here and French Cay to try to intercept the Haitian sloops trying to sneak into the country.

Here's another image from a 'gray scale' kinda day. Those squalls are just about exactly where we are planning to go after we get around that little cay in front of us:

dec7075a.jpg

Yeah, being in a small boat with the hatches ripped off and no bilge pump... I think we will steer around that one:

dec7080a.jpg

Here's another image from a 'gray scale' kinda day. Those squalls are just about exactly where we are planning to go after we get around that little cay in front of us:

dec7075a.jpg

I cant remember if you said or not, but are any of your kids into water skiing, wake boarding or that sort of stuff? This water just makes me think of that WOW.

I cant remember if you said or not, but are any of your kids into water skiing, wake boarding or that sort of stuff? This water just makes me think of that WOW.

No, not yet. The youngest one dabbled in kite boarding for a bit. It's probably up to us to get some wake boards down here. I have been thinking of a big tow-behind inflatable, too. It's a mob scene when an appreciable number of them visit.

Actually, all three of mine have tried wakeboarding. Middle son who is the snowboarder is really pretty damn good at it too. We don't have the equipment down here but it's definitely on one of "those lists". ;)

11250817.jpg

11250833.jpg