Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Best auto pilot for 30ft cc?

I have the TR1 and it works well. I don't like the user control panel at all. I haven't seen the Garmin version and don't know if they've changed it. THe TR1 is a mass of pushbuttons and not intuitive at all. The primary reason I bought it was becouse of the shadow drive where you can take control at any time. That's handy when dodging things like crabpots.

I say get the GHP10 too. The new version has been totally "Garminized" so it is very easy to use.

I like that "Garminized"!!! :605_thumbs_up:

It is a very good autopilot that is easy to use and holds up very well.

I just replaced my Furuno NAv Net I with a Garmin 5212. I installed the GHP 10 as well. GARMINIZED, as KErn states was my reason for switching, may not be the best bottom machine, but they make them so " a push here dummy" like myself can use them. Furuno is just not easy to use. Was going to do an AP 24 from Simirad, and ultimately, after reading about the TR!, went Garmin, complete

I went with the raymarine s1111 even on my 28 with twin 200 its simple and works well

Other than the fact that you own the unit you are recommending what makes it better or the one to get?

It seems that the initial set up of a auto piiot takes some time and experience and you going to have a dealer install it?