Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Oiled fish from the Gulf

wiley

I live where the spill happened, and we fish every weekend. I have yet to find a fish that looks like that. Not to say it has not happened. Every beach from Bay St.Louis, Pass Christian, Long Beach, Gulf Port, Biloxi, and further out island's..Cat, Ship, Horn Island all do have TAR BALLS. It sucks, but it is what it is. I know BP is doing the best that they can,(no I have not received a dime from BP) it helps that everyone works together to get the problem resolved over the next 10-20 years. Ive been fishing primarily north of the I-10 system. its not as fun, but beats sitting at home being pissed off.

• 3 weeks later...

Lubchenco met with scientists at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab this morning to discuss the environmental impact of the Deepwater Horizon oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.

As what she called the scientists for the federal government, NOAA has just under 13,000 employees who are all doing something related to the spill. They're tracking the spill on the administration's Web site, testing seafood out of Pascagoula and working with fishermen to let them know where they can and cannot fish.

Hopefully thats not oil. It saddens me knowing how much oil is over there in the water and no one really knows the long term effects.

this is a good point, all we have to really go by is what happened in Alaska..and its 20 years later.. I video BayStLouis, and Pass Christian today and then went out to Cat Island, 6 miles out, tar balls every where..pisses me off...Ill just stick north of I-10 by the house and fish from there or off my dock..