Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

My dog is digging up the yard.

She's nervous about something, probably with you or the wife. She's taking out her nervousness on your lawn. You guys do anything quite out of HER/HIS ordinary lately?

Our Sheba Inu can read us better than we would like her to. They know you, and they know exactly what is running around your head. Can't fool 'em. When dogs read you at a telepathic level, you can smile all you want... <_<

Take your hose and fill one of the holes with water. Take your dog out and dunk her head in the water-filled hole and hold her there for 5 seconds. If she does it again repeat the procedure. she may do it 3 times but will not do it a fourth. This really works.

Are you suggesting he "water hole" the dog? Don't let the UN find out about this training method. ;)

My 8 year old Brittany is digging holes all over the back yard. The back yard is about 1/2 acre in size. What can I do to curb this?

I read once (I think on the old place) to place some ###### in the holes and back fill them. I have no idea if it works.

If it was my dog I'd wait till I saw it do it, go to the dog, stuff it's head in the hole, yell very firmly NO while giving it a wack (not pain). It too will work.

We have had Brittany's for years... the one we have currently does the same thing.... except she only digs in areas We allow her too...

To me it's a nervous energy thing.. she gets this crazy look on her face.. and digs...

We went around the yard with her and scolded her when she digged in a spot we didnt want her digging.. so we confined her areas that way...

Now she is older and I like to see her dig, it's good exercise...lol

I would try to limit her digging areas it may help... I think it's in the breed, maybe the dog whisperer can help...

:605_thumbs_up:

Take your hose and fill one of the holes with water. Take your dog out and dunk her head in the water-filled hole and hold her there for 5 seconds. If she does it again repeat the procedure. she may do it 3 times but will not do it a fourth. This really works.

I tried that on my dog and ended up drowning him.....I could have sworn the guy told me 5 MINUTES.

I have tried the put pooky back in the holes. That worked for awhile, but now he is at it again. He has a place to dig at the very back of the yard which I don't mind but lately, last 2 weeks he for some reason is digging all over the place. I agree, I think it is nervous energy. I take the shock collar off the lab and take her for walks in the field behind my house. I can't do that with the brittany because he will not come back-he will just run off. So I'm thinking the brittany just needs to burn off some energy?